Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: A Levels!

Images
    congratulations to your daughter Heather. I know she also though of studing in Glasgow, so mayby one day she will study at Glasgow School of Art. all the good luck in the world to her and her studies.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Images
    All the best to your daughter on her achievements and your upcoming cruise. Does she go to or is this truly the first of many empty nester's freedom trips.

Yes, they come back, phone for monies and just good old natter and support.
    Cheers

Rob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2015 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Hi Everyone,
    thanks for all above, my daughter left on Wednesday for Uni where she will do one year at UCA then hopefully on to the Glasgow school of art as Issy said or Goldsmiths - she is being settled in there by my husband as due to commitments at home Ive had to stay
    As you can see Im up at 4am today....trying to get used to the empty nest.
    Ella will be coming on the cruise with us in May on NCL Epic to try out cruising!
    Heather

Anyone out there with advice on getting over the empty nest syndrome all welcome to chip in....DONT say cruising Im already doing that....

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Anyone out there with advice on getting over the empty nest syndrome all welcome to chip in....DONT say cruising Im already doing that....
    You have to be kidding!

It took five years before my wife and daughter allowed me to take over her bedroom for an office / computer room.

Once they start to bring boy friends or girl friends home from out of town your house is like the Central Train Station.

Just get on with your life and enjoy each other, the kids will be in and out and all of a sudden start to express concern about your health and abilities.

Cheers

Rob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2015 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

How the year has flown! Just an update on everything. My daughter Ella has now finished her Foundation Year in Art at UCA Canterbury and achieved a Merit! She really loved the year there and worked hard. She had various interviews again and after long deliberation settled on the University of the Arts Westminster. This has, along with her last year A level results has allowed her to confirm her place in London in September where she will study for her B.A. in Illustration. The only 'cloud' is we just had a letter to say no halls for her which is unsettling as first year students do almost always have a guarantee of halls. I will see what can be done. I thought I'd post a little update as everyone has been kind on the forum before with advice.
    Heather

I wasn't a member a year ago but what a "Proud Mamma" you must be. I hope you can fight your case as far as her getting into halls are concerned. Wishing her every success in her new course.

Janice

I wasn't a member a year ago but what a "Proud Mamma" you must be. I hope you can fight your case as far as her getting into halls are concerned. Wishing her every success in her new course.

Janice
    thanks Janice. I cant understand it really, as she has her A level results and her foundation year so the University must be holding rooms for people awaiting results still as obviously this years A level results are not out. I will keep badgering them as London is a big place after lovely Canterbury and Northern Ireland!
    Heather

Images
    thanks Janice. I cant understand it really, as she has her A level results and her foundation year so the University must be holding rooms for people awaiting results still as obviously this years A level results are not out. I will keep badgering them as London is a big place after lovely Canterbury and Northern Ireland!
    Heather
    Congratulations to your daughter Heather. I hope you resolve the matter of accomodation. If the uni stands firm on its decision insist that she's given a list of recommended flats etc. and is on the waiting list when room becomes available in halls. There are always some who fall by the wayside early in the year. Trouble is landlords tend to want you to sign an agreement for the year so you'd need to find someone to take over the lease. I remember Alison's arrival at uni in Preston, with her arm in a sling, as she's fallen from her horse and broken her collar bone the week before she went. I felt awful leaving her, but she was sitting around the kitchen table with her flat mates arranging their social lives! Judith

Judith thanks for the advice. She is now moved up the list a little Ive been on the phone. I will keep reviewing all the options!
    Heather

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast