Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cunard Ship Visit - Which Ship?

I have received an invitation from Cunard to join them on one of their ships for a tour and lunch. They have given me various dates across all three ships.

If I was to book a cruise with them I would be travelling with my family so I was wondering if any of their ships are more geared towards families than others (like P&O).

Thanks

Images
    I would suggest that no Cunrd ships are particularly geared towards families. Unlike P&O each ship offers a similar expereince aimed at the same clientele. They do have kids clubs etc. but do not really advertise the fact much, I assume to keep the numbers more manageable in keeping with the 'premium' experience.

The QE and QV are more or less identical 'Vista class' cruise ships, like P&O's Arcadia and others in the world.

The QM2 is much bigger, purpose built, one-off 'Ocean Liner' and is MORE impressive in my opinion. Seven years ago she was the worlds biggest cruise ships. She's still the biggest Ocean Liner as is likely to be for decades.

However, any of the three would make a very nice day out!

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 13th July 2012 at 02:23 PM.

I think should be a very nice day there. enjoy it

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I have received an invitation from Cunard to join them on one of their ships for a tour and lunch. They have given me various dates across all three ships.

If I was to book a cruise with them I would be travelling with my family so I was wondering if any of their ships are more geared towards families than others (like P&O).

Thanks

Personally I loved the QM2 but didn't enjoy the QE so much. Have not been on QV but while queuing to board the QE we got talking to a couple who said that some of the cabins were noisy (rattling) and that they would not use the QV again..

We went to a Cunard ship visit to Queen Mary2 a few years ago. You do get a good idea of the facilities on board during a ship visit but do not get to see everything in the time permitted, do get to the front when on the tour otherwise you miss some of the interesting things talked about. The lunch was excellent and together with all the on-board facilities we were completely won over. During our train journey home we decided to book our first cruise on QM2, we had visited her in June and cruised on her in July. Since then we have cruised on Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth but QM2 is still our favourite and we have just booked a mini-cruise on
    QM2 for November. Ships visits usually book up quite quickly so do not take too much time deciding - have a great visit and wear comfortable shoes - there is a lot of walking to do before you get to enjoy your lunch!

Thanks
    With regards to a ship visit then I would definately say QM2 - it's unique.

QV & QE are just clones of other cruise ships albeit with Cunard style decor.

cheers
    Harvey

ps Sorry, can't help with childrens' facilities.

Images
    With regards to a ship visit then I would definately say QM2 - it's unique.

QV & QE are just clones of other cruise ships albeit with Cunard style decor.

cheers
    Harvey

ps Sorry, can't help with childrens' facilities.

Having been on all three currently in service I'm with Harvey all the way - it has to be Queen Mary 2.

Last edited by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent; 13th July 2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: a picture is worth a thousand words

Thank you for all your responses, I will try to book QM2.

To be honest our children don't need to have Children's Clubs, they are just as happy going swimming, playing deck quoits, practising in the golf nets, etc.

It was quite amusing on our last cruise, as our children got in the pool I could see the disappointment on the adults faces.... a few minutes later one of them was joking with my seven year old that he was lapping him! I guess I would just like to go on holiday and not feel like we shouldn't be there

Hi Fridaydayschild.
    I would recommend going on the QM2. She is the most impressive and much nicer in MHO then QV and QE. I have sailed on all three ships and prefer QM2. Pity you can't try them all in advance. Have a great day whatever you decide .

Thanks MAGGIEMOU, I hope I get QM2 now. They are only offering two dates on that ship and the second one is the boys first day back at school so I better not put my name down for that one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast