Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

I'm not alone!

watching Celeb Masterchef and Lord Seb Coe is allergic to fish. So I'm not the only one, although I do still get odd looks when double checking ingredients in restaurants!

Helen

the keeper of Sophie (who snores), the cat and Tallulah and Loobylu, the kitties

People can't work out why I get uptight about cucumber. The smell of freshly cut cucumber sends me running. Tuesday I was out and the people on the next table came past me with a salad. The smell was so strong it sent me out of my seat and had to sit with some friends till I thought the plates had been removed. People keep telling me it does not smell but it certainly does. Can tell if cucumber has been taken of my plate as well.
    EDNA

I can't stand cucumber either, Edna, and it certainly does smell! I couldn't eat a sandwich if cucumber had been taken out if it: I would know by the smell.
    (I have never tasted it, by the way, I just couldn't bring myself to. I feel the same about tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and yogurt. My family think I'm mad to dislike food so intensely yet I have never tasted them. By the way, I love tomatoes, just not ketchup!
    Angela

Images
    It depends on if it is a male cucumber or a female

I am not joking in my normal manner there is a difference in both smell and taste

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    It depends on if it is a male cucumber or a female

I am not joking in my normal manner there is a difference in both smell and taste

I'm intriuged justvhow do you tell the difference

I've always loathed the smell/taste of nuts, but a war baby had to eat what she was given, so I just swallowed them, and smiled....
    I've also always had sicky migraines. One started as I was eating the hazelnuts on a pudding, and I slowly put 2 &2 together, and stopped eating these loathsome things.
    Now, in my 60s, I've had 4 serious non-breathing episodes from nuts, and am on constant anti-histamines, against tree nuts and tea-tree products. The GP is holding out against an epi pen for a while.
    Who would have thought that what a little child loathed so much should turn out to be a full-blown allergy? We didn't really have allergies when I was young, but I'd a friend who had a rash with fish, and another from strawberries.....just one of those things, they were told, now shut up and eat it!!!
    Jo.

Images
    My daughter is allergic to shellfish, not so bad until you find out she is a marine biologist who suverys sediments from the seabed to find out and catalogue all the animals living in it .

Pete

Pete

If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Yes, you are not alone many people are there who don't like to eat fish in any case. Fish is fine for me and I do like it. Fish is a good source of protein and provide energy. So if you are an allergic to fish, consider some alternative that contain high protein to provide the energy. Mushroom, I think is the best meat alternative that contain high protein and low fat. Mushroom is best for strength and fitness.
    Cary Gym

Last edited by John222, NY; 11th August 2012 at 08:04 AM.

At least you get to choose from the menu the night before!

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I've always loathed the smell/taste of nuts, but a war baby had to eat what she was given, so I just swallowed them, and smiled....
    I've also always had sicky migraines. One started as I was eating the hazelnuts on a pudding, and I slowly put 2 &2 together, and stopped eating these loathsome things.
    Now, in my 60s, I've had 4 serious non-breathing episodes from nuts, and am on constant anti-histamines, against tree nuts and tea-tree products. The GP is holding out against an epi pen for a while.
    Who would have thought that what a little child loathed so much should turn out to be a full-blown allergy? We didn't really have allergies when I was young, but I'd a friend who had a rash with fish, and another from strawberries.....just one of those things, they were told, now shut up and eat it!!!
    Jo.
    Jo your GP SHOULD be supplying you with 2 epipens. you have a nut allergy and have had 4 anaphylaxis events, what other side-effects does he want you to have?

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast