Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Smile Facts about Chips

Did you Know

Fish and chips are popular at celebrity weddings. Fans are rumoured to have included Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran, Wayne Rooney and Coleen Mcloughlin, Myleene Klass and Graham Quinn, John Terry and Toni Poole and Dave Gardner and Davina Taylor to name but a few.

The fish and chip shop market is worth 1.2bn - that means 1 of every 100 spent on food is spent in a fish and chip shop.

More than a staggering 255 million fish and chips meals are sold in a fish and chip shop each year.

8 out of 10 households buy frozen chips each year, so many of us have a bag in the freezer!

Over half a billion meals containing homemade chips are eaten each year.

A portion of chip shop chips contains less fat than a prawn mayonnaise sandwich.

A portion of homemade chips will provide a third of your Recommended Daily Amount of vitimin C

A serving of oven chips with three fish fingers contains one third of the saturated fat found in a serving of lasagne.

Congratulations to Glasgow for winning the best chip shop award in 2009. :D Also we celebrate 150 years of the great British Chip this year.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Cruisings Cool

I enjoy fish and chips - or at least, I used to. These days the meal gives me shocking indigestion.

You'll never believe this, but for my 40th Birthday, I wanted to do something a little bit different than the usual buffet. I wanted quick and easy, no buffet to prepare. So hired a room, put salt and vinegar on the tables, hired an Elvis impersonator and we had FISH N CHIPS. All pre ordered and delivered by our local Fish and Chip Shop.

PS I hang my head in shame:o I cant believe I am responding to a topic on CHIPS

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    You'll never believe this, but for my 40th Birthday, I wanted to do something a little bit different than the usual buffet. I wanted quick and easy, no buffet to prepare. So hired a room, put salt and vinegar on the tables, hired an Elvis impersonator and we had FISH N CHIPS. All pre ordered and delivered by our local Fish and Chip Shop.

PS I hang my head in shame:o I cant believe I am responding to a topic on CHIPS
    Now you are a leading seaman you can have your chips in paper or on a plate ;) :D

Best fish and chips in the world: anywhere in Sheffield.
    Worst fish and chips in the world: anywhere in London.

Norfolk - Wells Next The Sea is famous for its Fish and Chips, which you must eat sitting on the Wall. Even Wikepedia notes it.

I'd just like to draw everyone's attention to the far healthier topic - 'Name that Fruit'. :o

I'm just off to the fruit topic, but would like to point out that I've mentioned how I can no longer eat fish and chips as they give me chronic indigestion.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    [B][COLOR=black]Did you Know[/COlor
    [COLOR=#000000]8 out of 10 households buy frozen chips each year, so many of us have a bag in the freezer![/COLOR]

Over half a billion meals containing homemade chips are eaten each year.

A portion of chip shop chips contains less fat than a prawn mayonnaise sandwich.

A portion of homemade chips will provide a third of your Recommended Daily Amount of vitimin C

A serving of oven chips with three fish fingers contains one third of the saturated fat found in a serving of lasagne.

Congratulations to Glasgow for winning the best chip shop award in 2009. :D Also we celebrate 150 years of the great British Chip this year.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I am the 2 out of 10 households that doesn't have frozen chips in the freezer......I hate them but a plate of egg and real homemade chips now thats a different matter :D

The winner of the Best Chip Shop was not in Glasgow but in Coatbridge, near Glasgow. Scotland has won this award for the last 3 years. last year was from Anstruther in the East Coast, and from a place called Bigger the year before, which is again just outside Glasgow. I think it must be because we have a large Itallian community, they make the best chips except for the ones my mammy used to make. :D

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Images
    [QUOTE=Barrowman, Bedford;25909]Did you Know

TE]

Only if you each them raw. Vitamin C
    (L(+)- ascorbic acid) is destroyed at the elevated temperatures used in frying i.e. > 190 deg. C (its decoposition temperature) Oh damn I've Retired from being an organic chemist and must try harder to forget about reactions and purifcations and the suchlike and concentrate on skiing and cruising.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast