Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Images

Thumbs up Chips chips chips

It is obvious from the many referance to CHIPS on these forums that there is quite a following of this great british 'favourite' food, so I thought it was time we had a topic started on the subject.

How do you like your chips?

Deep fried, shallow fried, home made, from the chippy whats the best potato for making them?

Do you like them straight cut, crinkle cut, fat, thin or do you like french fries? perhaps with salt & vinigar. Or perhaps you prefer wedges.

What's your preferance.

Cruisings Cool

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    It is obvious from the many referance to CHIPS on these forums that there is quite a following of this great british 'favourite' food, so I thought it was time we had a topic started on the subject.

Deep fried, shallow fried, home made, from the chippy whats the best potato for making them?

Do you like them straight cut, crinkle cut, fat, thin or do you like french fries? perhaps with salt & vinigar. Or perhaps you prefer wedges.

What's your preferance.
    I like mine round with colored edges served on a green table.
    Ohhh the wrong chips.:o
    Chip shop chips are the best with just salt. :D

What's your preferance.
    All the above! ;)

My mum's a rubbish cook, but I'd still take her home-made chips (which, along with her Yorkshire pudding, are the only things she makes that are really good) over anyone else's.

Images
    Best Chips Ever

Chips can also feature in 'posh nosh'.

On board 'Thomson Celebration' I decide to try the alternative dining option: Aldo Zillis new Italian inspired signature restaurant.

I choose the main course of lamb chops which were were excellent. I also chose a portion of Fat Chips to accompany the lamb. I received a dish containing four. However ironically, they were probably the best chips that I have ever tasted. (When you Surname is Oliver asking for more is too much of a clich).

However, after finishing the second course I was surprisingly satisfied.

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 23rd January 2010 at 01:39 PM.

Images

Talking Chips wiv a certain 'je ne sais quoi' !

Chips can also feature in 'posh nosh'..
    That's when they're referred to as Pomme frites :D

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

I like other peoples chips served from their own plate when their back is turned

Images
    Chips on cruises? Only place for them is the Isle of Wight ferry - and probably about 5 a portion for that golden stretch of water :-)

I'm normally very generous but...

...don't you just hate it when this happens?

You: "Fancy some chips?"
    Them: "No, I'm okay thanks."
    You: "Are you sure?"
    Them: "Quite sure."

So you get yourself a bag of chips...

Them: "Can I have one?"
    You: "I thought you didn't want any."
    Them "I just didn't want a whole bag."

What people don't seem to understand is that there are never any spare chips in a bag. :mad:

[QUOTE=grantthomas, Emsworth;25631]Chips on cruises? QUOTE]

Oh yes, got to cater for the great british puclic - you know the ones that go to spain and complain that it's too spanish..

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast