Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Seasonal Foods

Splashed out today on some new crop Jersey Royals. I did phone the bank manager first to ensure he'd cover the purchase.

I LOVE 'Jerseys'. I can eat them, with non salted Lurpak, just on their own, as a delicacy.

Anyone else have any seasonal favourites?

Images
    Nothing like the home grown produce.
    Most things you can buy all year. But you cant beat English Strawberries. The ones grown abroad do not taste the same.
    But... Tomatoes bought from the market in Spain... Delicious. Supermarket ones over here..no taste.
    Canary Islands Bananas...small but yummy. Supermarket ones over here..straight and bland.

Must get planting some veg. Shame I cant grow bananas though.
    Must admit I do love sweetcorn dripping with unsalted Lurpak. (I do try and cut down on salt) See! I can be good

*Carol M*

Large English Victoria Plums, Not! those small inported imitation ones that they have the nerve to call Victoria Plums.

]

Images
    British Damsons straight from the tree

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Images
    Ooooooh! Jersey Royals & best butter....yummy & a half!

I love home grown produce- you just can't beat it for taste! A short walk from our bungalow will find several small stalls selling free range eggs, home made jams & chutneys and a range of farm grown seasonal veggies- all left out in the open with honesty coin boxes. Why you can even buy horse manure for your own veggie plot! He he Oh! And there's always somebody selling freshly caught mackerel in season from the nearest layby. Mmmmm mmmmm yum yums!

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Ooooooh! Jersey Royals & best butter....yummy & a half!

I love home grown produce- you just can't beat it for taste! A short walk from our bungalow will find several small stalls selling free range eggs, home made jams & chutneys and a range of farm grown seasonal veggies- all left out in the open with honesty coin boxes. Why you can even buy horse manure for your own veggie plot! He he Oh! And there's always somebody selling freshly caught mackerel in season from the nearest layby. Mmmmm mmmmm yum yums!
    I shall let you know how so good they tasted Pippa.

Great laybys you have around your neck of the woods!

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I shall let you know how so good they tasted Pippa.

Great laybys you have around your neck of the woods!
    What can I say...it's the most beautiful end of the world, also know as West Cornwall ... (oooo errrr beyond 'ere lie sea beasts!) And yes, I totally and absolutely love it!

We picked Victoria Plums at the fruit farm and they were fantastic.
    The ones in the shops don't compare. Can't wait until we can go again this year.

Images
    Scottish or even better Lanark Strawberries and rasberries, so tasty and yummmmmy

small Ayrshire potatoes with marg........sorry mrs m lowering the tone again but I don't like butter. I also like Jersey Royals but my bank manager has not ok'ed the loan yet.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Asparagus, strawberries, raspberries, plums, 'proper' apples. I grew up in Kent when there were lots of pick your own choices - indeed my summer jobs for a few years were fruit picking ones. The worst to pick - gooseberries and peas. The peas had an incredible expanding sack to put them in, and you guessed it you were paid by the sack. I think I earnt 3 for a whole day's back-breaking work and got covered in green fly as an additional bonus.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast