Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What sort of foods are associated with your county?

In Yorkshire we have Yorkshire puds, parkin (very tasty ginger cake), Yorkshire brack (cake), Wensleydale cheese, Farrah's Harrogate toffee, Harrogate spa water and the best tea you can drink... Yorkshire Tea. Then there's Brymor ice cream, rhubarb from the Wakefield rhubarb triangle and Pontefract liquorice cakes. All can be washed down with a nice pint of Black Sheep Riggwelter, Theakston's Old Peculier or my favourite Morocco ale from the Daleside Brewery at Starbeck.
    Liz
    x.

Cream teas for us in Devon

In scotland we have food to die for!

Images
    In Kent- the garden of England, it's fruit. I don't have to go far to pick my own strawberries, raspberries and apples.

I have to admit though that I don't bother much these days with jsut the 2 of us.

Jill

Images
    I won't name them all, thus, leaving room for far more, from my fellow 'Hampshire Hogs'.

Wonderful watercress, Loosehanger & Lyburn cheeses, , 'Old Thumper' from the Ringwood Brewery, Trout from the River Test, Wines from the Wickham Vineyard. Fresh fish from Mudeford Quay.................

Lizzie. ( Not a good thread when you are on a diet!):mad:

Lizzie

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    In scotland we have food to die for!
    good one Homer. :D but remember we have porridge, now that's good for you.

other foods are Scotch pie, mince and tatties, haggis neeps and tatties, venison, salmon, scalops, mussels, angus beef, Scotch broth soup, stovies, clootie dumpling, tablet, Scotch pancakes. as for drink whisky and of course our other national drink.........irn bru. :D

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Smile

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    good one Homer. :D but remember we have porridge, now that's good for you.

other foods are Scotch pie, mince and tatties, haggis neeps and tatties, venison, salmon, scalops, mussels, angus beef, Scotch broth soup, stovies, clootie dumpling, tablet, Scotch pancakes. as for drink whisky and of course our other national drink.........irn bru. :D

Thats what I meant!

Food to die for.

Images
    We also have hogs puddings, Lardy cake and one we nicked from Wales Lava bread

I doubt any of it is very healthy !

We also have good food as well. You can't beat Welsh Lamb, Cawl, Welsh Cakes, pembroke potatoes as well as a good selection of cheeses and butters. In drinks we have in beer, DD which Prince Philip drinks and Brains Bitter, a selection of Welsh Wines, Whiskey and Mead (my Christmas tipple). There are many more, just like in Scotland. I believe there is a smoked fish called Ambroth Smokies? I did not like the look of them when I was in Scotland, but delicious.
    EDNA

Images
    We're right on the border here so a bit of Yorkshire & Lancashire combined ~ Sop suppers, Lancashire Hotpot, Eccles Cakes (my gran made the best ones ever, being from Eccles and all that) and my MILs best one is to serve the Yorkshire pudding as a starter with onion gravy apparently that's how it's done on her side of the fence.....

Other than that you are looking at Chicken Tikka Massala or fish, chips & mushy peas............:o

Lizzie ~ liking the new avatar ~ very trendy :D

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast