Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Images

Expensive tastes in food and wine!

In a restaurant, at home or a cruise ship, What is the most expensive item ie. both food or drink you have ever bought or tried?
    More to the point was it worth it and did you like it?

Last edited by Calgray, Yorkshire; 17th October 2010 at 06:46 PM.
    *Carol M*

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    In a restaurant, at home or a cruise ship, What is the most expensive item ie. both food or drink you have ever bought?
    More to the point was it worth it and did you like it?
    I had a glass of snaps on a sailing ship in Oslo fjord Norway about five years ago. It cost me about 18.00 and it wasn't even chilled

My husband paid 18 for 1 single shot of whisky. If I'd known that at the time he'd have been paying quite a bit for a steak to put on his black eye too

Carol

Images
    We paid over 100 for a bottle of Barolo in Milan, we were staying here...

Hotel Principe Di Savoia | Luxury 5 Star Hotel Milan | 5 Stars Hotel Milan | Dorchester Collection

The hotel was paid for by OH's company,so we spashed out on the wine,
    cant remember what we had to eat, but the Barolo became a firm favourite.

We was on Holiday in Lanzarote staying at Timanfaya Palace and my husband wanted to buy a bottle of Don Perignon, I was a bit worried about spending 95 just in case I didnt like it but he said he would finish the bottle if that was the case, needless to say I loved it and wanted another bottle the night after but it seems that I would have to stick to my house wine

Regards
    Lynn

We was on Holiday in Lanzarote staying at Timanfaya Palace and my husband wanted to buy a bottle of Don Perignon, I was a bit worried about spending 95 just in case I didnt like it but he said he would finish the bottle if that was the case, needless to say I loved it and wanted another bottle the night after but it seems that I would have to stick to my house wine

Regards
    Lynn
    Hi Lynn,
    Glad I never took you up on your fly Barbados sail home invite. Dom Perinon watching the ships wake and the sun going PLOP sounds the deal but I always one begets two or more. My Jillie would certainly keep you company with her swipe card in hand. Her pat answer would be " well we are on hooiday" my groans when we got the account all unheeded.
    You'r both worth it though.
    Ta ra,
    Alan

Was charged 68 pounds, for 2 pints,2 shandies,4 cokes,2 water in fruit market on Las Ramblas,felt as though I had been mugged!!!!!!!!

Images
    A small [very] glass of a very expensive Hennessy Cognac.

Being a very plain eater I'm not sure any of the expensive "delicacies" would suit my palette, I don't even profess to be an expert when it comes to wine/champagne, but I know what I like albeit whether it costs a fiver from Sainsbury's or 100 in a posh restaurant.

Years ago I went out with an Australian guy and tasted "pink champagne" for the first time, I have no idea how much it cost or if it was even a good brand but I was "hooked" and have enjoyed "champers" ever since but nothing really compares to a good glass of Red IMO.

Jo

Images
    We paid over 100 for a bottle of Barolo in Milan, we were staying here...

Hotel Principe Di Savoia | Luxury 5 Star Hotel Milan | 5 Stars Hotel Milan | Dorchester Collection

The hotel was paid for by OH's company,so we spashed out on the wine,
    cant remember what we had to eat, but the Barolo became a firm favourite.
    It is a good job you did not get the Barolo Montfortino it's e. 1100.00 a bottle

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast