Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Reading all your stories is so heartwarming, to know that so many of you are animal lovers and who's pets give you so much pleasure as did my dog until she died six years ago aged fifteen - still missing her today and cannot bring myself to replace her, I said I would when I retired but still find it hard to believe she's gone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cruisings Cool

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Reading all your stories is so heartwarming, to know that so many of you are animal lovers and who's pets give you so much pleasure as did my dog until she died six years ago aged fifteen - still missing her today and cannot bring myself to replace her, I said I would when I retired but still find it hard to believe she's gone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cruisings Cool
    It's so hard to lose a beloved pet, I know. What was yours like? Was she a specific breed or a lovely mixture?

Cruisings Cool
    Why is it that one can miss a much loved pet as much, or even more than a close relative? My Spaniel's ashes still have pride of place with her collar. I realised that the only way to get over her death was to get another dog.

Slave to the Deal

Images
    Cruisings Cool
    Dont be sad! Treasure your memories of your girl. She had a fantastic life with you. Ok. shed a tear for her, I do for all my dogs. Many are buried in our garden. They will never come back to me, but I wouldnt have been without them. After my last one died, I said thats it. No more. But our house was dead. The ones I have now are rescue dogs. They havnt taken the place of the others, but they have helped me cope. I love each and every one of them. You are like a lot of great people out there. You have so much to give and there are so many unwanted dogs out there that would give you so much back. You will never replace her , nor can I mine. But, I will never replace these four either. Thats the trouble with being a pet lover. But, I would rather be a pet lover than a pet hater! Carol

You are a big softy carol. Good on you. My dog is half west highland white and half springer spaniel. She has the terrier brain but the loving eyes of the spaniel. Bit of a character really and quite mad sometimes !

Slave to the Deal

Images
    Why is it that one can miss a much loved pet as much, or even more than a close relative? My Spaniel's ashes still have pride of place with her collar. I realised that the only way to get over her death was to get another dog.
    I know how you feel . My last dog was called POPPY We have her ashes, like you in pride of place . Her photo and a poppy are there also. Carol

Images
    You are a big softy carol. Good on you. My dog is half west highland white and half springer spaniel. She has the terrier brain but the loving eyes of the spaniel. Bit of a character really and quite mad sometimes !
    I can remember your dog. Sasha. You showed me her photo at dinner on Equinox. She's gorgeous. Carol

I can remember your dog. Sasha. You showed me her photo at dinner on Equinox. She's gorgeous. Carol
    My goodness carol - boy do I envy your memory !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Many thanks. Sad we will not be meeting up this year. You must compare it for me against equinox please.

Slave to the Deal

Images
    Perhaps the following may provide an answer to this silly science news; more educated = fulltime job working longer hours = pet ownership limited = cat, as cats can look after themselves for longer and have 'inside' loos or cat flaps. Dogs require more attention, such as walking and a dog flap is a burglar's paradise ! A bored dog can also be destructive. My daughter and her husband, both high flyers have ----- A Cat (rescued of course!). The only "clever" thing about having a cat is you don't have to walk it and you can leave it for a couple of days with an 'auto feeder' and litter tray without feeling guilty.:mad:
    That was my first thought upon seeing this article, a dog isn't the kind of pet you can have if you leave for work at 7am and don't return until late 6 or 7 days a week. So cats or fish obviously fit that lifestyle better.

I wouldn't change my dog even though she's now moulting (The big lumps are being placed in carrier in the utility to be placed out for nesting birds in a few weeks time), loves to swim in the canal, roll in any mud she can find and has turned my garden into a series of potholes! Also she's fussy about food ~the bigger the lump af rare but not raw meat the better and she absolutely will not touch tinned or dry dog food, but at my freinds she'll eat her dogs Chubb (yucky processed stuff with no recognisable signs of what it was in life!). ooh and she taken all the candlesticks off the front windowsill so she can lie along it looking out of the window!!

We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

I know how you feel . My last dog was called POPPY We have her ashes, like you in pride of place . Her photo and a poppy are there also. Carol
    I never thought I would be able to have another cat after Amber died because I was so upset but three months later I got Dixie from the RSPCA and Daisy one of her kittens. They are so funny.

Dixie likes to drink out of the washbasin tap with running water and Daisy always wants to interfere. Dixie put her paw under the tap and squirted Daisy in the face. It was hilarious.

They're not clever but they are cunning.
    Liz

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast