Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Books

Images

Books

I know that many of you enjoy reading books, but you seem to be reading the WRONG books. Here are a few suggestions:

Above: The Only Way to Cross, John Maxtone Graham

Above: Queen Mary 2: The Greatest Ocean Liner of Our Time, John Maxtone Graham

Above: Cruise: Identity, Design and Culture by Peter Quartermaine

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 5th August 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Images
    Goodness me... for holiday reading?

Give me the 'wrong' books any day of the week for my 'down time' on holiday. A good faction novel which takes days and is almost 'unputtable' down or some frothy chick lit which takes a couple of hours at the most.

Images
    Me too Mrs M. I'm about to read 'Smokin Seventeen' by Janet Evanovitch. I'm sure it's one of the 'wrong books', but I'll enjoy it.

Judith

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Me too Mrs M. I'm about to read 'Smokin Seventeen' by Janet Evanovitch. I'm sure it's one of the 'wrong books', but I'll enjoy it.

Judith
    I took a huge gamble last March and took a Jilly Cooper with me[huge book and heavy, hence 'the gamble']. Not read her books for many, many years as they're all so 'samey', but this was about school and fun. Very very light of course but it was a long read and took me at least three days.

Not sure how many books to take for our week long cruise to Norway....going to choose some today from the library, already have one lined up but I might have read it by then!! I like historical novels (Philippa Gregory, Alison Weir), or as my son says, anything with a girl in a long dress on the cover!!!!

I think Malcolm is teasing, but I am taking my Kindle and two real books because I love to handle books. My Kindle is loaded with self-improvement, spiritual, Tolstoy, Austen, Chick lit, Thrillers, maps, travel books etc so I will dip in and out of them all. LOL

Yes I'm afraid those aren't the books for me either. Luckily there are enough books published every year for everyone to have their choice. It's a good job everyone has different taste or I'd be out of a job. I'm in a book dilemma at the moment as I read a book a day on holiday but we don't have enough room to pack 12 just for me. Most of my books waiting to be read are proofs which are usually bigger and heavier than regular paperbacks. I think I'll take 1 and risk the library having enough books I want to read.

Found just the book to keep me amused on my cruise (7th August) Gervase Phinn's Out of the Woods but not Over the Hill

Images
    Found just the book to keep me amused on my cruise (7th August) Gervase Phinn's Out of the Woods but not Over the Hill
    Prepare to giggle out loud.

Prepare to giggle out loud.
    The last time I did that was reading Angela's Ashes on the Prom in Lake Garda many years ago.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast