Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Still not getting email notifications

I used to be a frequent visitor to this forum, then I stopped receiving email notifications. I trawled the settings, made sure it was all set up to "instant email notifcation" but still nothing.

I seem to get notified of Private message notifications and I get one in a blue moon but looking at specifics take this thread "http://www.cruises.co.uk/674-cruise_questions_answers_top_tips/28688-how_exclusive_queens_grilll.html"

I posted a response at #17, I then did not receive any notification for any of the 10 posts after that; I should have got 10 emails. As such it looks like I am ignoring people who had actually asked me a question. When I look in my list of subscriptions it shows up in bold, showing there is new activity, but I received no email notifications.

I have today deleted 200 odd subscribed threads leaving only 2. The one above and another. There have been 1 more posts to the thread above (#27) since my last comment (post #26) and I did not get notified of that.

I use many, many forums online (not to do with cruising) and I receive notifications without issue (8 from other forums today already). I tend to dip in this forum once a day; I dont have the time to trawl through manually and see who may have commented to a thread I commented in so email notifications are essential to my usage.

Am I the only one really experiencing this issue with notifications?

Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: *new* cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Queen Mary 2 Jun14
    Past 4 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x6), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora, NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I used to be a frequent visitor to this forum, then I stopped receiving email notifications. I trawled the settings, made sure it was all set up to "instant email notifcation" but still nothing.

I seem to get notified of Private message notifications and I get one in a blue moon but looking at specifics take this thread "http://www.cruises.co.uk/674-cruise_questions_answers_top_tips/28688-how_exclusive_queens_grilll.html"

I posted a response at #17, I then did not receive any notification for any of the 10 posts after that; I should have got 10 emails. As such it looks like I am ignoring people who had actually asked me a question. When I look in my list of subscriptions it shows up in bold, showing there is new activity, but I received no email notifications.

I have today deleted 200 odd subscribed threads leaving only 2. The one above and another. There have been 1 more posts to the thread above (#27) since my last comment (post #26) and I did not get notified of that.

I use many, many forums online (not to do with cruising) and I receive notifications without issue (8 from other forums today already). I tend to dip in this forum once a day; I dont have the time to trawl through manually and see who may have commented to a thread I commented in so email notifications are essential to my usage.

I'm the opposite Grant. I've disabled all my notifications [except pm's] yet I still get one, which I can't disable.

Images
    This has been a gripe of mine for a while now Grant, not so much on the forum but on the Q&A site.

I used to look forward to "You've had a Response" at 9.00pm every night. This facility has also gone to the dogs!.......Wilba

Wilba

Images
    I did not receive any email for the 2 responses above.

Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: *new* cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Queen Mary 2 Jun14
    Past 4 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x6), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora, NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

I receive notifications about 25% on a hot topic and 100% on a slow topic.

Annie

Images

This has been a gripe of mine for a while now Grant, not so much on the forum but on the Q&A site.

I used to look forward to "You've had a Response" at 9.00pm every night. This facility has also gone to the dogs!.......Wilba

Hi Grant/Wilba - I've asked IT to look into it -- Watch this space!

I'm the opposite Grant. I've disabled all my notifications [except pm's] yet I still get one, which I can't disable.

Hi Mrs M,

I disabled all my notifications before going on holiday last year but it didn't work on the old ones so they continued. To stop those old ones, "Where am I" for example, there is a link at the bottom of the email notification to unsubscribe. Try that if you haven't done so already, it worked for me.

I noticed the same thing a couple of days ago. Initially I got some intermittent e-mails, then nothing at all.

Most strange. I, like you, prefer not to have to keep checking for replies.

Duncan

Images
    I don't get any email notifications re topics, posts etc, because like Mrs M, I have switched all my notifications off. I used to get inundated with them each day.

I now only get the periodic communications re offers, and the broadsheet of activities and topics. that have recently been discussed on the forum from Cruisedot.Co.Uk.

The last one of these was yesterday entitled, Postcards From Down Under, which was about tailor made packages of Cruises by RCI, on Rhapsody Of The Seas in Australia.

Images
    Hi Grant/Wilba - I've asked IT to look into it -- Watch this space!
    Thanks RC............Wilba

Wilba

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast