Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Q&A Review Site is back again

I note the Q&A site is back up and running, but this forum site is still far too slow for my liking.

I for one, spend hundreds every year upgrading my pc(s).

Pointless owning a Ferrari when it gets dragged back to Ford Anglia speeds.

Wilba

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I note the Q&A site is back up and running, but this forum site is still far too slow for my liking.

When Sandie pointed out the speed [or lack of it] on the forum, I wasn't sure, but having had use of the internet for a few days now, I agree. The forum IS slower. I too noticed the other side back in action and it was noticeably slower.
    Apparently I have reasonably efficient computer, according to my husband. I thought it was just me being slow!!!!! Wonder what the problem is.

I assumed that it just couldn't cope with the traffic. Like the M25 it does seem to be faster in the early hours.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    T Pratchett.

Images
    Although the forum is still very slow and 'hanging' when clicking between topics - the Home page Q & A, Reviews etc is getting better speeds.
    That is when you can actually get on. Delighted to see the Home page appear when I did my test click this morning but when I went for the Reviews section one window opened back on the Down for Maintenance page and te second window (Whydoes that happen!) went straight to the forum section.
    Second try got me into the Q&A's section and after that - into all sections. What is that saying? ahh yes 'Make haste slowly'

It was available for a short time but now its not. It just goes to the page saying maintenance being carried out.
    Brian

The offers and deals pages seem to be ok - its just the Q&A and Reviews that are still saying under maint, at the moment.

Images
    The offers and deals pages seem to be ok - its just the Q&A and Reviews that are still saying under maint, at the moment.
    If you creep up on them.......look at the deals then back to home page and click on answers or reviews - they appear! Perhaps they are still in semi hibernation but are beginning to wake up - albeit slowly.
    The last two visits have accessed all areas - Doh - now I sound like a groupie!

my 1st car was a 1961 ford anglia and for me at 19 this was my FERRARI,MERC,ROLLS ROYCE rolled in to 1. it had a top speed of
    80mph(wind at my back)can even remember reg number SSD872 had a number of cars since then but still loved my anglia.

kidding aside agree forum is too slow

Couldn't access the entire site for almost a week - All I saw was the red text maintenance screen. Changed my shortcut link and can get into your site, but when it comes to Q&A and Reviews, guess what? I still get that damn red text maintenance screen, even after running anti-virus, spyware and malware checks on your site.

Does Cruise dot need a new IT expert?

Dave

Couldn't access the entire site for almost a week - All I saw was the red text maintenance screen. Changed my shortcut link and can get into your site, but when it comes to Q&A and Reviews, guess what? I still get that damn red text maintenance screen, even after running anti-virus, spyware and malware checks on your site.

Does Cruise dot need a new IT expert?

Dave
    I don't contribute much to this forum any more, but I do pop over from time-to-time.

I just wanted to say that I find the question I've highlighted completely out-of-order. Please do not blame the technical staff for this website's issues. Technical staff tend to be told to implement systems by people with little understanding of the underlying infrastructure - which, I suggest, is where the problem lies.

Regards

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast