Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sluggish Response

Maybe I just didn't notice before, but since the forum came back to life things seem sluggish to me.

I used to just click on something and it would appear, now I click and just get the 'egg timer'. I invariably have to click again and let the cursor linger over whatever it is I've clicked on before the page appears.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this.

Bob

Images
    Works perfect for me Bob - have you taken the cork out of the bottle.....

Cruisings Cool

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Works perfect for me Bob - have you taken the cork out of the bottle.....
    Must just be me then................it's frustrating.

I try to avoid corks these days..............screwtops are just so much easier.......and quicker.

Bob

Images

I try to avoid corks these days..............screwtops are just so much easier.......and quicker.

Bob
    No probs here Bob.

Can't get to the forum via the cruise.co.uk link though. Had to go direct to cruises.co.uk.

Jill

Images

Bob
    Bet you've never been known to screw one back on while there's anything left in the bottle!!

Cruisings Cool

No probs here Bob.

Can't get to the forum via the cruise.co.uk link though. Had to go direct to cruises.co.uk.
    Same here Jill..........weird isn't it. I wonder if there are members (like me last night :o) who try to get in via Cruisedot and just give up.

Bet you've never been known to screw one back on while there's anything left in the bottle!!
    When you're as clumsy as I am David, you always screw the top back on............especially red wine when you've got beige carpets.

Images
    Maybe I just didn't notice before, but since the forum came back to life things seem sluggish to me.

I used to just click on something and it would appear, now I click and just get the 'egg timer'. I invariably have to click again and let the cursor linger over whatever it is I've clicked on before the page appears.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this.

Bob
    I used to get the 'egg timer' all the time on my computer. Then I upgraded from Windows XP to Vista...and guess what? No more annoying 'egg timer'! Instead, just an even more annoying 'blue spinning circle'....Doh!
    ;)

I used to get the 'egg timer' all the time on my computer. Then I upgraded from Windows XP to Vista...and guess what? No more annoying 'egg timer'! Instead, just an even more annoying 'blue spinning circle'....Doh!
    ;)
    Sometimes you just can't win Pippa.

Bob

I've sussed it.

I recently changed to Google Chrome. I've just logged-out and then used Internet Explorer to log-in again and hey presto.........back to normal.

Why is it that things sometimes change for the worse?

Thanks for the responses.

Bob

I always use one of the cleaning programmes when anything goes iffy....it usually discovers that the disc is fragmented, and that takes ages for it to mend, so I leave it on overnight.
    I thought that was the problem on here the other night, but the programme just galloped through, with nothing wrong.
    Jo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast