Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Electronic Cigarette

Can anyone advise as to whether or not the new E cigarettes can be used on the Independence of the Seas, this will be our first cruise with RC, we have cruised on many other cruise liners but I am not sure whether or not the E cigarette is allowed on RC

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Can anyone advise as to whether or not the new E cigarettes can be used on the Independence of the Seas, this will be our first cruise with RC, we have cruised on many other cruise liners but I am not sure whether or not the E cigarette is allowed on RC
    You would have to ask your TA or contact RCL directly.
    Per the attached link I cannot see an issue for a battery device that in essence heats a liquid but I could see where you could be challenged on the ship for to be seen smoking in non smoking areas.
    Electronic cigarette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    As even in Europe it is considered a drug type product then you might be needing a prescription but who knows /, A couple of folks on a prior post (Spartan) have mentioned they have used E Cigarettes.

I guess to my mind it would look like when we were kids and smoking candy cigarettes (my humour for the day) The eyes have it and explanations might be more then the right to smoke.

Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 23rd September 2010 at 03:50 AM.
    Rob
    Next Cruise:> My Blog robbarcruises.wordpress.com

I haven't taken mine on a cruise yet...I always ask in a pub, and they're slowly being recognised...some pubs round here have a sticker on the door saying Welcome....anything to stop losing punters.
    No health warnings yet, Rob....the ones we use, suggested by James at Cruise dot, are a UK product, with no foreign bits....researched at a Manchester Uni, according to the blurb on the internet (intellicig). I'll certainly try on a ship, tho' in the smoker's areas at first....like the chat!
    Jo.

Last edited by Jocap, Cumbria; 23rd September 2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo

Images
    I haven't taken mine on a cruise yet...I always ask in a pub, and they're slowly being recognised...some pubs round here have a sticker on the door saying Welcome....anything to stop losing punters.
    No health warnings yet, Rob....the ones we use, suggested by James at Cruise dot, are a UK product, with no foreign bits....researched at a Manchester Uni, according to the blurb on the internet (intellicig). I'll certainly try on a ship, tho' in the smoker's areas at first....like the chat!
    Jo.
    Hi Jo,
    Good for you. At least you are trying one option to quit smoking and by using the ships designated area you are not causing needless questions, plus enjoy the conversations. Being an ex smoker of everything I know the difficulty. It was almost a rite of passage (no pun intended) for me including picking up the tobacco from the sidewalks and rolling in newspaper. Used to call them flashes as they burnt so fact.
    Cheers

Rob
    Next Cruise:> My Blog robbarcruises.wordpress.com

Jo.
    Hi Jo
    How do rate these e.cigarettes? Think I remember discussion a few months ago on them but I've searched and can't seem to find it.
    Thinking of trying them but would like some feedback from genuine users
    Thanks
    Tarkah

My partner used to smoke 60 a day.After discovering e cigs, he hasn't smoked a real cig since Nov last year. He has used them on Celebrity Eclipse and on Fred Olsen with no problems (a couple of times had to explain to staff what they were) . Several crew members were very interested as they cannot smoke below deck. It costs him about 15 per month for the replacement cartridges, huge saving. He probably could give them up as well but likes to have something to hold on to!!

If its any help you can tell your partner that if he buys the e liquid he can top up his cartridges, I spend about 6 a fortnight on the e liquid and its very good, you can get the e liquid from totally wicked on the web, I am just hoping that RCL will let me use the e cigarette on IOTS when we go in March, my husband is so pleased that I have stopped smoking real cigarettes and I have noticed a big difference not having the smell of stale tobacco and smoke hanging around

May well be worthwhile asking RCL hopefully they will say its ok

I think that all cruise ships (and other holiday places) should embrace these - It's a clean habit, with no smoke smells, and would perhaps help encourage other smokers to give them a try.

Come on RCI, let em use them...

Lets hope that RCL say we can use them, as I have said previously, no harmful ingredients and no terrible cigarette smell

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast