Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Delboy - do you by any chance have a stake in the Jeremy Kyle show ? You do mention it quite a lot....lol
    p.s. No offence intended.
    Cruisedreams No.

Is two posts quite a lot, sorry

Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 9th March 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Tintop Guest
    Delboy, if one was not subject to any unpleasantness, then one would not have anything to react to. Which came first? You have skirted round the answer. Cause and effect. What was the cause Delboy? We have all seen the effect.

What would you have done had you joined this forum and every time you posted about a ship, or cruise, or any aspect of a cruising holiday, it was insinuated that you were not telling the truth or were not who you purported to be? Think about it, do you think that would have been acceptable?

You seem to be saying that some people set themselves for particular treatment, so do I take it that you think it is acceptable to insinuate that someone hasn't cruised as they say have have? Or infer that they are not who they claim to be? By the way, a lot of members don't post pictures to prove this or that but they are not viewed with suspicion, nor subject to the same treatment.

Do you think it is acceptable to insult and denigrate people who choose a different cruise line to that of their aggressor?

You do not seem to have any qualms about witnessing various people being subjected to ridicule, insinuation, stalking (by trawling numerous posts to make a point) and all the other instances I have given. Do you think it is fair that some should be subjected to such behaviour and then crucified when they protest? And if they do protest, you usually come along to put the boot in.

Can you walk a yard in someone else's shoes for one minute and then tell me all this is OK?

Images
    Delboy, if one was not subject to any unpleasantness, then one would not have anything to react to. Which came first? You have skirted round the answer. Cause and effect. What was the cause Delboy? We have all seen the effect.

What would you have done had you joined this forum and every time you posted about a ship, or cruise, or any aspect of a cruising holiday, it was insinuated that you were not telling the truth or were not who you purported to be? Think about it, do you think that would have been acceptable?

You seem to be saying that some people set themselves for particular treatment, so do I take it that you think it is acceptable to insinuate that someone hasn't cruised as they say have have? Or infer that they are not who they claim to be? By the way, a lot of members don't post pictures to prove this or that but they are not viewed with suspicion, nor subject to the same treatment.

Do you think it is acceptable to insult and denigrate people who choose a different cruise line to that of their aggressor?

You do not seem to have any qualms about witnessing various people being subjected to ridicule, insinuation, stalking (by trawling numerous posts to make a point) and all the other instances I have given. Do you think it is fair that some should be subjected to such behaviour and then crucified when they protest? And if they do protest, you usually come along to put the boot in.

Can you walk a yard in someone else's shoes for one minute and then tell me all this is OK?
    From a Health and Safety perspective I would not recommend this course of action, unless stringent controls are in place. You can never be too careful regarding wearing other people's footwear.
    Regards
    PM

CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

Images

TT

I have walked a yard in someone else's shoes, when I first joined this forum, I got a lot of stick, for no other reason than I, with a number of other posters, left another forum and joined this one, all at the same time.

The main reason for doing so, was simply because they changed the other forum, and we were not happy with the changes.
    However that did not satisfy some of the posters on here, who thought our intentions to be more sinister, and said so in no uncertain terms.

All I did was be myself and rise above it, and put my case when needed, as a result the suspicions gradually decreased and here I am 2 years later, a fully active member of the forum.

So my answer is don't get involved, take an active part in the forum, without trying to solve everybody else's problems. We are all adult and capable of sorting out our own problems. Posters don't need a spokes person.

As far as putting the boot in as you say, we can all make these throw away remarks.
    I could ask you the same question, when posters do not post in the way you think they should, or give the answers you think they should, some of your replies, could possibly be interpreted, as you say, as putting the boot in.

All I am saying is instead of continually running this forum down, post something positive for change, you may then find, that people's reactions may change.

Images
    Garfield,
    Thanks for the 3 points last weekend............it was too easy. Good luck in Div 1 next season.

Cavalry? Not required. SR is more than capable on his own.

PM
    I'll take Div 1 all day long.
    Better than the alternative of liquidation.
    Get rid of the seats and get back to good old terracing when football was about the fans and not amount of obscene money being spent.
    Your welcome to the 3 points, as we won't be winning any more games this season it's irrelevant, they'll all be getting 3.

See, we can keep it civil.
    It just takes a bit of will on both sides.
    But we know THAT will NEVER happen.
    Some ego's are just too big to allow it.

Peace and love on you.

XXXXXXXX

Regards

Garfield
    Good afternoon PM and Garfield.

PM, those will be the easiest three away points you'll ever get this season.

Mind you, I've been supporting Pompey FC a little recently. I can recommend buying their lottery tickets: after all, it's a 'Rollover' every week.

Images
    Good Morning Richard,

Up in Gods country at the moment and will hopefully take in the Boro V Leeds Game on Sunday.

You are quite correct about intent to get threads closed down.........its repetitive now by a few "tortured" souls. I am certain the collective "we" will rise above it. Most can see through it all now.

"3rd cloud on the left"? Would that be in Cloud Cuckoo land?

Regards
    PM
    PM, it's called Nephelococcygia.

Most Pompey fans suffer from it.

Images

Lost in translation

Look what I dredged up. Whatever happened to...

http://www.cruises.co.uk/767-chit_ch...tml#post385133

Hi Britchic, thank you for your response. I agree with your comments, and your statement which I have highlighted in red is absolutely correct, but it is happening. The bullies will not take a blind bit of notice of what you say. The facts are that Diva has 'ignored' Solent's taunts for MONTHS, and yet Solent's baiting still goes on, JC has 'ignored' the endless goading, and still it goes on and on; 'mistakes' and past comments are researched are dredged up ages afterwards just so Solent and his pals can use them against particular members and score yet another point. There is no end to it, whether it is ignored or not, and this is totally wrong. For someone to heartlessly, persistently and relentlessly target others to humiliate, embarrass or browbeat them is nothing short of sick and those who support such a person are also sick.

Yes, I am very upset about this situation because one should be able to post on a forum without harassment and because of this I am making a final stand by asking Admin to deregister me.
    That was FIVE days and 53 posts ago.

Tintop Guest
    Delboy, you will find that I have posted positively most recently on the topics of atriums and Venice. I contribute when I feel I can. I am not a photographer so there will be no photos.

I acknowledge what you say in your last post but you still do not have someone doubting your credentials do you? I don't know how long it took you to be accepted but when people refer to the forum and the friendliness of it, I don't think that anyone should be subjected to suspicion and insinuation without foundation nor subjected to humiliation and derision. I would have thought that anyone would agree with that.

I accept that it looks as if I am trying to solve everyone's problems, but you saying that confirms that there are problems. This forum can be very unpleasant at times and some spats are bang out of order. I know one does not have to read them, but people do and it is not edifying.

Neil raised a couple of threads and I have contributed to them. I have identified where I think the unpleasantness originates with a view to people taking responsibility for it and making the forum a better place. Sadly it is clear that is not going to happen.

Last edited by Tintop; 9th March 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Images
    The forum has been down for quite a few hours,is it me or has the forum been trimmed down a bit,it looks a lot slimmer?/
    bye the way all the oil has been removed from the Db tanks and they are now trying to remove what oil remains in the E/r settling tanks,and there are now only 5 outfits remaining for selection to get the salvage job.

jim

Tintop, Delboy wrote "All I am saying is instead of continually running this forum down, post something positive for change, you may then find, that people's reactions may change." I quite agree and may I give you a further piece of advice.
    A good number welcomed you back which shows there is no bad feeling. If you repeat over and over how you are being hounded and harassed it's only natural that you'll be connected in people's minds to just those repetitive posts of yours. So I would suggest that you don't carry on repeating the same thing , don't even comment on them and I can assure you that not only will you save yourself a lot of aggro, it will make for a happier atmosphere all round.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast