Princess Anytime Dining Autotips

Can anyone tell me, accurately please, whether it is true that if booked on anytime dining aboard a Princess ship, the auto tip cannot be removed or amended?

Before I start an entire new "To tip or not to tip, you cheapskate!" debate, it is largely curiosity, piqued by something seen on another site!!

I have my own views on auto tipping, I agree wholeheartedly cruise companies should indeed pay a fair wage, and understand the way this happens without inflating the direct consumer price, is via the autotip system. Nuff said!!

Thanks in advance, S.

The Autotip can be removed or amended on Princess when you are anytime Dinning. Just go to the Pursers desk and tell them what you want to do. They will give you a form to sign and thats it. It can be done at any stage of the cruise before your final Account is settled. A lot of people do it as soon as they board. Like you I too don't want to get into another debate about the rights and wrongs of the auto tip. Suffice to say I dont pay it. Hope this helps.
    Regards Alan

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    The Autotip can be removed or amended on Princess when you are anytime Dinning. Just go to the Pursers desk and tell them what you want to do. They will give you a form to sign and thats it. It can be done at any stage of the cruise before your final Account is settled. A lot of people do it as soon as they board. Like you I too don't want to get into another debate about the rights and wrongs of the auto tip. Suffice to say I dont pay it. Hope this helps.
    Regards Alan
    To clarify, this can be adjusted by yourself as stated for 'anytime' and 'fixed' dining. If you use the account screen on your TV , you should see the entry in place or not.
    As bigaljo1 says, do not wait till the last day, lines can be long..

Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 6th October 2010 at 07:35 PM.
    Rob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2015 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

Thank you both! The information is much appreciated. Just one further question, and it may seem dim....when tipping in cash and after a Med cruise, is it dollars, Euros or sterling that the crew prefer?

Regards, S

Images
    Thank you both! The information is much appreciated. Just one further question, and it may seem dim....when tipping in cash and after a Med cruise, is it dollars, Euros or sterling that the crew prefer?

Regards, S
    I'd see no problem either way as those are major currencies on that cruise path. They can exchange on ship if needed

Rob
    Next Cruise:> QM2 2015 / My Blog robbarcruises.com

I'd see no problem either way as those are major currencies on that cruise path. They can exchange on ship if needed

Thanks Rob.