Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Celebrity Eclipse, Which balcony cabin?

Hi all

We are thinking of booking on this ship for next February
    we are probably goign to go for a balcony cabin
    and never having had a balcony before
    we want to try and be careful and ensure we get one in a good location
    i.e. no overhang if possible not shaded or restricted view etc

We would appreciate any advice on locations, decks and perhaps even specific cabin numbers that are in your opinion worth specifically trying to get

thanks very much in advance

Allan and Mags

oh also additionally any help, advice or information on the line and ship itself would also be appreciated
    especially how to get a decent deal on booking it as at the moment it just seems to be brochure price only

The best balcony cabins without doubt are the ones on the mini hump and you dont need a high grade to get one. Deck six mini hump cabins start at grade 2B

In case you dont know what the mini hump is - it is the bit in the middle along the side of the ship that sticks out. These cabins are based around the main atrium so very handy for the lifts and stairs. They give a great clear view all around.

Grades 2D and 2C have are slightly obscured by the lifeboats - 2d having the roof of the lifeboat level with the balcony and 2C having the roof of the lifeboat level with the floor of the balcony. All cabins along any of the indents do look down onto lifeboats so you dont have clear view down. Although I will point out the even the hump cabins do look down slightly onto deck area below.

Some people prefer the SV cabins right at the back of the ship looking back at where you have been giving a lovely view of the sea behind you.

The aqua grade balcony cabins have an overhang from the deck above so will be shaded. Any deck up to deck 10 will be ok.

Any more questions just ask.

Hi Allan & Mags
    All the balcony cabins are the same dimensions on Eclipse the ones with a slightly bigger balcony are those on the hump?? Deck 6 has the restricted views as the Life boats and tenders are below the balcony,and the top 2 decks tend to be shaded by the overhang,these are some of the dearest ones .
    We would try to be on deck 7or 8 mid ships or going towards the rear we found it there was more movement at the front. If you get near the lifts even better they are well away from the cabins so no noise.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi Allan & Mags
    All the balcony cabins are the same dimensions on Eclipse the ones with a slightly bigger balcony are those on the hump?? Deck 6 has the restricted views as the Life boats and tenders are below the balcony,and the top 2 decks tend to be shaded by the overhang,these are some of the dearest ones .
    The only cabins on the hump with slightly bigger balconies are the ones on the start of the hump and the end of the hump (that is the bit where it curves in and out) this is because the balcony is angled so a slightly irregular shape. But yes all balcony cabins from grade 1D through to C2 and Aqua are all identical in size.

many thanks for the quick replies
    helps a great deal as we had considered the aqua class as it is not a lot more money but if the balconies are more shaded it might not be so enjoyable.

i like the idea of the cabins around the hump from what you guys are saying

does anyone know any specific cabin numbers?
    i am going to hunt and research anyway
    but if anyone already has the knowledge i am not averse to using it )

oh also additionally any help, advice or information on the line and ship itself would also be appreciated
    especially how to get a decent deal on booking it as at the moment it just seems to be brochure price only
    Celebrity dont do 'brochure price' as such. They operate a fluid pricing strategy - if bookings are good price goes up, if bookings are slow price goes down. They do have a price promise so do be careful who you book with as not all the High Street TA's know or care about it.

many thanks for the quick replies
    helps a great deal as we had considered the aqua class as it is not a lot more money but if the balconies are more shaded it might not be so enjoyable.

i like the idea of the cabins around the hump from what you guys are saying

does anyone know any specific cabin numbers?
    i am going to hunt and research anyway
    but if anyone already has the knowledge i am not averse to using it )
    Deck Six any between 6216 and 6235. Deck Seven Odds 7221-7239 or Evens 7266 and 7284. If you get a deck plan and work your way up the decks following this you will see what I mean.
    Also if it has a square or triangle it accommodates 3rd/4th pax so the sofa will be nearest the balcony, bed nearest bathroom. If its unmarked then the bed is nearest the balcony - and all cabins alternate like this all the way along the deck.

Oh another question i don't know if it is the case on celebrity ships or not
    is there any side of the ship that is or isnt better for non smokers in regards to balconies?
    Ie do they say all smokers on starboard and no smoking on port or anything like that?

I am guessing not but it would be nice if there was such distinction

Celebrity dont do 'brochure price' as such. They operate a fluid pricing strategy - if bookings are good price goes up, if bookings are slow price goes down. They do have a price promise so do be careful who you book with as not all the High Street TA's know or care about it.
    So if i book and then price drops can i claim the difference back?
    or is it only if there was a lower price at the same time as i booked?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast