Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We've sailed on "Oriana" twice and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, especially Andersons...Do Aurora and Oriana have the same layout ?

Our favourite ship is Aurora, not too big, friendly and we like (amongst other things) the coverd swimming pool. Prior to Aurora we were big fans of the old Arcadia which was our first cruise ship. We have also cruised on Oriana, Azura, old Adonia, Oceana and Independace of the Seas. Each ship has its own qualities but for us Aurora has the edge, which is why we chose her for our world cruise in 2013. Good result for pompey yesterday.

Images
    We like errr ummm Aurora, Oriana, Old Arcadia, New Arcadia, Old Adonia, Oceana, Ventura & Azura. So thats all the ones we have been on.

An impossible task. My standard reply is the best ship in the fleet is the one you are on.

Or at a push the next one. So that is Ventura.

But of course that will change over the next year or so as we will be on Arcadia, Oriana and Aurora.

Gan Canny

Dai

P&O x Lots and Lots.

Ships Aurora, Arcadia(old),Adonia(old)Oriana,Arcadia(new)Oceana, Ventura & Azura

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    How I agree with you Nick, she is the best IMO and the layout is superb, the terraces at the back and the amenities all perfectly laid out she never feels crowded and she is built for the oceans not like the Ventura and all these modern ugly ships.CG
    What are the terraces at the back of Aurora, are they cabins?........................................... .................Carol

I haven't done any P&O shsips to date, but in August will sail on Adonia. Since we booked, we have read some poor reviews but we booked for the itinerary and I'm sure we will really enjoy ourselves. If we have a few minor niggles, it won't put us off.
    Angela

Images
    What are the terraces at the back of Aurora, are they cabins?........................................... .................Carol
    Hi Carol. the terraces are at the stern of the ship they are curved like horseshoes, there are two decks that have cabins looking out, it would be quite noisy and you would have to keep your curtains pulled .
    It's where everyone sunbathes or congrgates for events or a sailaway, there's a bar at the top leading off the Orangery, and on deck eight is a wonderful pool built into the deck and a spa pool plus a toddleRs playpool and another bar.CG

Images
    Hi Carol. the terraces are at the stern of the ship they are curved like horseshoes, there are two decks that have cabins looking out, it would be quite noisy and you would have to keep your curtains pulled .
    It's where everyone sunbathes or congrgates for events or a sailaway, there's a bar at the top leading off the Orangery, and on deck eight is a wonderful pool built into the deck and a spa pool plus a toddleRs playpool and another bar.CG
    Hi CG this is one of the very few times that i would have to disagree with you We had a aft cabin on the Aurora for a 22 day cruise,it was on B deck,Now the windoews were so constructed that no one could see in and thus no need to draw the curtains,secondly it was never noisy,there was a row of deckchairs outside the cabins and they were taken up quite early each day by folk with sun cream and books,we had a similar cabin on Oriana and thought they were great,no vibration.

Someone else asked if the two ships were the same,I would say very similar,the main difference that i can remember was that from the kids club on the Aurora onc could walk all the way along the port side,but on the orania this was not possible and so a detour was necessary.

jim

We have done 10 cruises, 10 different ships, 5 cruise lines.

My favourite ship is P&O's Aurora.

She was the last proper cruise ship to be designed for P&O. All the newer ones are production line floating blocks of flats. Aurora looks like a ship. She has a proper wide teak promenade deck that allows you to walk laps. She has lots of deck space, and beautiful tiered open decks at the stern. She has a lovely "Crows Nest" forward observation lounge. She has two main dining rooms holding about 500 people each instead of one massive one. She has a good space to passenger ratio - less crowded than the new monsters. She has a nice theatre and proper cinema. She has some nice shops.

If she was owned and operated by Celebrity, she would be perfect!
    I have said before that Oriana and Aurora were the last two pretty ships - before balconies became king - the tiered rear decks are wonderful.
    P&O have tried with Azura and Ventura but not to the same effect.
    I also agree with the comments regarding a "REAL" prom deck

Images
    Hi CG this is one of the very few times that i would have to disagree with you We had a aft cabin on the Aurora for a 22 day cruise,it was on B deck,Now the windoews were so constructed that no one could see in and thus no need to draw the curtains,secondly it was never noisy,there was a row of deckchairs outside the cabins and they were taken up quite early each day by folk with sun cream and books,we had a similar cabin on Oriana and thought they were great,no vibration.

Someone else asked if the two ships were the same,I would say very similar,the main difference that i can remember was that from the kids club on the Aurora onc could walk all the way along the port side,but on the orania this was not possible and so a detour was necessary.

jim
    Thanks Jim, I may try one next time, I just assumed with all the deck chairs and the going up and down it would be noisy.CG

Our favourite ship is Aurora, not too big, friendly and we like (amongst other things) the coverd swimming pool. Prior to Aurora we were big fans of the old Arcadia which was our first cruise ship. We have also cruised on Oriana, Azura, old Adonia, Oceana and Independace of the Seas. Each ship has its own qualities but for us Aurora has the edge, which is why we chose her for our world cruise in 2013. Good result for pompey yesterday.
    We have sailed on 5 of the ships that you have sailed on; you have made a good choice in doing a world cruise on Aurora. It's the ship that we did our worldie on and we were not disappointed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast