Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    We always pack our own cases, don't think I have ever forgotten anything. However I have to admit I am worse than Lorraine, as I take everything bar the Kitchen sink. Think I must have been in the Scouts in a previous life, be prepared is my motto, and always have a spare.
    Why is it though my case closes fairly easy, but Lorraine's, I have sit on, stamp on, you name it I do it, just to try and get the zip done up.
    I am a great fan of the formal nights, more so than Lorraine.
    I am the official packer for both of us .... but she has to deposit her stuff in the packing zone

Rob
    Next Cruise:> My Blog robbarcruises.wordpress.com

wife does packing but i hand what i want packed to her ,she says if it was left to me i would fling things it any old way .
    think she may be right,as usual.

Images
    We always pack our own cases, don't think I have ever forgotten anything. However I have to admit I am worse than Lorraine, as I take everything bar the Kitchen sink. Think I must have been in the Scouts in a previous life, be prepared is my motto, and always have a spare.
    Why is it though my case closes fairly easy, but Lorraine's, I have sit on, stamp on, you name it I do it, just to try and get the zip done up.
    I am a great fan of the formal nights, more so than Lorraine.
    That's because you have a larger case than Lorriane

Images
    I do the packing for both of us , if it was to OH, he would turn up looking like a tramp, although we do have fashion shows trying and discarding outfits before we cruise ,we have a good laugh at these times, could also cry when the clothes won't fit. CG

Images
    That's because you have a larger case than Lorriane

Good job somebody is on the ball.

I love the formal nights - all part of the overall cruise experience.

Lancashire Cunarder

We are an ordinary couple and have worked hard all our lives, love cruising and have sailed 21 times with the same line. We have only ever sailed on P&O because we believe you get what you pay for with them. The wonderful thing is that for a few days/weeks we are NOT ordinary we are looked after like royalty, treated with courtesy and consideration. We eat the best food and we can wander around all day, see great sights, get hot and tired and then get home to our cabin and turn into Prince Charming and his Cinderella - or whatever the equivalent is at 80+ . That makes a holiday we remember all our lives.

Images
    We are an ordinary couple and have worked hard all our lives, love cruising and have sailed 21 times with the same line. We have only ever sailed on P&O because we believe you get what you pay for with them. The wonderful thing is that for a few days/weeks we are NOT ordinary we are looked after like royalty, treated with courtesy and consideration. We eat the best food and we can wander around all day, see great sights, get hot and tired and then get home to our cabin and turn into Prince Charming and his Cinderella - or whatever the equivalent is at 80+ . That makes a holiday we remember all our lives.
    Well said Sir, LIVE THE DREAM.

Jim

The point I've not made too clearly is that I believe the cruise lines do not make formal nights a special occasion - which they should do it. The way things are going it's just an opportunity for them to make money through a 'photo-shoot' No real effort to make the evening(s) a wee bit special by arranging a specal dinner, or even a dance, for those who have made the effort. I know the ladies love dressing up - so do I, but not just to parade around on deck!

Images
    In enjoy dressing up for formal evenings, but I now find that with the weight restrictions on airlines I have to watch what I pack as some of my of 'evening attire' does weigh quite heavy. I therefore still dress up, but perhaps not as formal every time as I have in the past. Joan
    Morning Joan.
    We've just got back from an eight day cruise around the Fjords and we took a lot of formal wear. Lounge suit, dinner suit and jacket for husband and 'gowns' [no sequins so not too heavy], semi formal and stuff for me plus cool weather things.
    As it was a Southampton departure, our things were spread out over two large cases, a suit carrier and a smaller case plus a carryon bag each. As an exercise for possible future fly cruises, we weighed the 'heavy' cases before unpacking. They were both eighteen kg. Now bearing in mind I didn't stint on shoes or bother with any overall weight restrictions, I now know we could manage a fly cruise with two suitcases of 23kg by making use of the laundry facilities onboard, wearing the heavier clothes if really needed and some judicious sorting out of my outfits to ensure,for instance, we would meet the three levels of attire Cunard [and myself] require.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast