Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    To be honest, I think it could be more difficult to organise a lunch somewhere than a mini cruise. It would also be difficult to chat with everyone over the space of 2/3 hours than 3/4 days.

Just a thought but I'll go with the flow.
    I think you a right on that one, with a mini cruise it's booked and paid for through the agent so less chance of the last minute dropping out that goes along with these sort of get togethers.

First you would need to find a mini cruise in the school holidays as a lot of the members are in the teaching profession and cannot get the time off. Then you can see how many are interested and get a price.

Neil will tell you just how much work goes into organising such an event.

Images
    can we come,but can we opt out of tipping please,but will buy drinks cheers
    Excellent. I like you already. :D

Images
    I think you a right on that one, with a mini cruise it's booked and paid for through the agent so less chance of the last minute dropping out that goes along with these sort of get togethers.

First you would need to find a mini cruise in the school holidays as a lot of the members are in the teaching profession and cannot get the time off. Then you can see how many are interested and get a price.

Neil will tell you just how much work goes into organising such an event.
    I think you'd need a core of folk to sign up and without being accused of 'cronyism', that may mean folk who already 'know' one another enough to trust their instincts. Then, you can expect/encourage others to sign up too. Shame about the school holidays though, it restricts dates somewhat.

Lunch anyone?

Images
    To be honest, I think it could be more difficult to organise a lunch somewhere than a mini cruise. It would also be difficult to chat with everyone over the space of 2/3 hours than 3/4 days.

Just a thought but I'll go with the flow.
    Agree Jill!
    An hour and half drive .. then whoever is driving back cannot have a drink ... Could be difficult a mini cruise to organise but sooo much more fun. (the hour and half drive is for us) Prefer the mini cruise option.

*Carol M*

Images
    Agree Jill!
    An hour and half drive .. then whoever is driving back cannot have a drink ... Could be difficult a mini cruise to organise but sooo much more fun. (the hour and half drive is for us) Prefer the mini cruise option.
    Hmmm... I was thinking of letting the train take the strain.

Could be easier to organise than a mini cruise.

I would love to but its not very likely to be possible this year unfortunately. Hope all of you who manage it have a great time.

Images
    Think how much we would generate for the RNLI with so many wearing their badges as well.
    EDNA[/QUOTE]

Assuming we've all got our badges by then, Edna !!!

Good idea Mrs B.......we're up for it !!

Images
    I would love to but its not very likely to be possible this year unfortunately. Hope all of you who manage it have a great time.
    Hey. Those of us that can do a mini cruise could still do it. For those that would be tied to work/school hols/finances/pre-booked cruises we could organise a lunch.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Jill

Images
    Hey. Those of us that can do a mini cruise could still do it. For those that would be tied to work/school hols/finances/pre-booked cruises we could organise a lunch.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.
    Skinning a cat for lunch will get you into a lot of trouble

Look what happened when one was put in a dustbin :D :D :D

Images
    Skinning a cat for lunch will get you into a lot of trouble

Look what happened when one was put in a dustbin :D :D :D
    Oops! How very non-pc of me.:o:D

Jill

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast