Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

why are some cruise liners better than others?

I have only been on one cruise with princess to the carrabian over a christmas period i have been told silverseas would be a better option any views?

Images
    Why is a Mercedes Benz better than a Fiat? Why is a Boeing 747 better than a Dakota?

You pays your money and you makes your choice.

Princess are regarded as 4 star plus

Silverseas are regarded as 6 star

Better yes indeed, if your wallet is comfortable with it.

Wilba

It really depends on what you are looking for. Silverseas is high end of the market - think along the lines of a Rolls Royce and Harrods, whereas Princess is fairly middle of the road.

Silversea is 6 star luxury cruising - all inclusive drinks, fine wines and champagne. In suite dining served as it would be in the restaurant. Grats included. Butler.

Seems Wilba and me were thinking along the same lines there!

I ask myself the same question

The answer is the same one as to the question:

Why are Pirates called Pirates?

We don't really know.........they just aaaaarrrrrhhhh. ....Neil

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post

We don't really know.........they just aaaaarrrrrhhhh. ....Neil

Images
    I have only been on one cruise with princess to the carrabian over a christmas period i have been told silverseas would be a better option any views?

Different cruise lines offer different products aimed at different type of people and different income brackets.

Some lines are categorised 'standard' (mass market or 4 star) some are 'premium' (5 star) and some are 'luxury' (six star). Princess are 'standard', Silvereseas are 'luxury'. The latter would offer a more spacious/intimate ship, more attentive service (higher staff to passenger ratio) and 'fine' dining - premium and luxury lines spend more on food and have the best cuts of meat etc.

However it can be subjective. Some people might prefer Royal Caribbean's experience over Silverseas. Maybe you are a Burger and Fries person rather than a Duck LOrange? Maybe not? ;-)

Images

We don't really care...l
    I do!

The English word "pirate" is derived from the Latin term 'pirata'.

Hi Just a quick note on your original post on the Luxury V Mainstrean cruiseline debate.
    I have sailed on both Princess and Silversea and by co-incidence I am sailing with them both again next year and furthermore I will enjoy them both. Silversea is a much more refined product, better food and much better personal service albeit at a much higher price. Whereas Princess cruises offer a wider entertainment product the passengers on Silversea tend not want 24/7 action. Silversea cruises are more formal (however the passngers themselves are not standoffish or snobby) whereas as on Princess cruiselines a more casual cruise experience is adopted. Both are good products but they are aimed at different markets. It is the attention to detail which defines Silverseas after the first day the waiters will know your name, know what drink you prefer (you don't have to ask for ice or a little water with a malt whisky) they will remember. The head waiter will know your table requirements and more importantly queuing is almost unheard off on a Silversea cruise, this is not the case on other lines. PS If you can afford Silversea cruises: go for it (there are some very good deals at the moment), however, if you do you are likely never to look at mainstream cruising in the same light.

Different cruise lines offer different products aimed at different type of people and different income brackets.

Some lines are categorised 'standard' (mass market or 4 star) some are 'premium' (5 star) and some are 'luxury' (six star). Princess are 'standard', Silvereseas are 'luxury'. The latter would offer a more spacious/intimate ship, more attentive service (higher staff to passenger ratio) and 'fine' dining - premium and luxury lines spend more on food and have the best cuts of meat etc.

However it can be subjective. Some people might prefer Royal Caribbean's experience over Silverseas. Maybe you are a Burger and Fries person rather than a Duck LOrange? Maybe not? ;-)
    Just to let you know you can order Burgers when dining at lunch time "al fersco" on Silversea cruises along with pizza. In fact if you wanted a burger for you for your evening meal in the restuarant (I haven't tried this by the way, and never will) they won't blink an eyelid and cook them especially for you. This is advantage of attentive personal service, it's for you to decide what you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast