Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Images

who do you book your cruises with ?

Where do you think is the best place to book a cruise ?
    my normal group are..
    1/ on QM2 > Victoria travel
    2/Victoria travel if i get the travel bug land bound
    3/Liverpool cruise club if they offer me some freebies

We have tunnel vision when it comes to the world of booking a cruise..

Help Please

hi we have found thomas cook the best value this year,they matched any other deal plus more on-board credit

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    hi we have found thomas cook the best value this year,they matched any other deal plus more on-board credit
    whoever I find cheapest (and ABTA members), TC came tops 3 of 4 cruises this year (they hate me in my local branch;))

Yip same here TC has been the best so far and always matched or bettered what we have found :D

mrs.m

life is great :D

I went to my local T.Cook this year for my first cruise but didn't find them hugely efficient ie they made errors on some of the paperwork and then I was chasing round for some documents which they had forgotten had not been posted to me but were still in their safe.

The best bit was that they told me if I bought my euros from them I would earn travel pounds on my credit card, then afterwards said I wouldn't because they hadn't known that promotion had ended. They were nice enough but I found it a hassle to have to keep phoning to speak to people who hadn't got much idea about how to sort problems out.

When I got back from the cruise I thought I would shop around and found Gills were very competitive so have booked with them for next year. They were very prompt with the paperwork and so far, so good!

I'd hoped that by booking locally in person I would get a better service but that wasn't really the case.
    Liz

Images
    I went to my local T.Cook this year for my first cruise but didn't find them hugely efficient ie they made errors on some of the paperwork and then I was chasing round for some documents which they had forgotten had not been posted to me but were still in their safe.

The best bit was that they told me if I bought my euros from them I would earn travel pounds on my credit card, then afterwards said I wouldn't because they hadn't known that promotion had ended. They were nice enough but I found it a hassle to have to keep phoning to speak to people who hadn't got much idea about how to sort problems out.

When I got back from the cruise I thought I would shop around and found Gills were very competitive so have booked with them for next year. They were very prompt with the paperwork and so far, so good!

I'd hoped that by booking locally in person I would get a better service but that wasn't really the case.
    Liz
    Did you write this? or read my mind :D
    I think I was on the cruise before yours on the IOS we had the same story. We had to chase everything up luckly we new the ropes so had booked all the excursions & wine packages long before we got any info from T.C.

Images
    Did you write this? or read my mind :D
    I think I was on the cruise before yours on the IOS we had the same story. We had to chase everything up luckly we new the ropes so had booked all the excursions & wine packages long before we got any info from T.C.
    maybe it depends upon the staff in your local branch?

Images
    I've found that T.cook have always matched, but never yet bettered, the price I have found on the net for the cruise and occasionally bettered the price on the flights. Only on one cruise were TC unable to sort out a cruise and that was because I have to join a cruise at the first port of call not at the embarkation port, this was finally sorted for me by Iglu (other TAs were unable to sort it as well)

Pete

Images
    maybe it depends upon the staff in your local branch?
    Out local branches are hundreds of miles apart, with High Street agents you takes your chance they just takes your money

Images
    Thanks all
    Just booked a short cruise on QM2 in 2010 with Thomas Cook and 2.25% cash back with quidco.

Saved around 50 and will sail on All 3 Queens in 2010.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast