Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Well I've invested in a drinks package already and will order early room service breakfast for the coffee and I've packed my microwave oven so I can reheat it in that ! Don't worry I shall hold no punches when I get back if it is as bad as some people have said just need to get away for a break from this rubbish weather we're having here right now.
    Trevor

I wish you shelter from the storms, a cozy duvet ( Ho ho ho ) to keep you warm but, most of all, I WISH YOU LUCK!!! Drinks package does work out cheaper, in a sense. Beware the coffee pot, when I got the first one they didn't warn me there was a plastic see through cover over the end of the spout so when, all bleary eyed, I poured, it came out of the lid!! Hey, M/Wave, good idea, you'll be able to heat your food as well!! I'm taking my kettle again. I'll be interested to know how you find things, if you find them! Today I got confirmation of my flight to Venice on Dec 1st to join Musica on her 18 night cruise to Rio. Must admit I tried to cancel yesterday in favour of another cruise with Fred on Dec 8th but I was out of luck!! We can compare notes when I get back on Dec 19th/20th. One thing's for sure if it's anything like the Melody experience I won't need to go on diet when I return! When I sailed on the Melody I commented to people that I thought the Mafia controlled the ship and Weight Watchers were in charge of the catering. Bon Voyage.

Mariner

Thanks for info re companies that do cruises for disabled folk - will look into that. Azamara sounds like a good deal - not sure whether they cruise from UK.I wonder if Madam Marlow from P & O could tell us if P & O do not welcome solo mobility challenged (an Americanism!) passengers in response to moans from P & O passengers about 'these awful scooters on board or because of the UK so called Health & Safety rules? With folk 'falling' overboard from cruise ships after possibly too much alcohol I think folk on little scooters would be less of a threat! When David Dingle was involved in hands on dealings with passengers I always felt he was much more sympathetic to disabled folk or even perhaps more interested in passengers and their holiday problems anyway and you did get a quick reply to any ltter addressed to him - perhaps he had a better PA!

Images
    Trevor

I wish you shelter from the storms, a cozy duvet ( Ho ho ho ) to keep you warm but, most of all, I WISH YOU LUCK!!! Drinks package does work out cheaper, in a sense. Beware the coffee pot, when I got the first one they didn't warn me there was a plastic see through cover over the end of the spout so when, all bleary eyed, I poured, it came out of the lid!! Hey, M/Wave, good idea, you'll be able to heat your food as well!! I'm taking my kettle again. I'll be interested to know how you find things, if you find them! Today I got confirmation of my flight to Venice on Dec 1st to join Musica on her 18 night cruise to Rio. Must admit I tried to cancel yesterday in favour of another cruise with Fred on Dec 8th but I was out of luck!! We can compare notes when I get back on Dec 19th/20th. One thing's for sure if it's anything like the Melody experience I won't need to go on diet when I return! When I sailed on the Melody I commented to people that I thought the Mafia controlled the ship and Weight Watchers were in charge of the catering. Bon Voyage.

Mariner
    Hi Mariner .... Well I've posted my report of my experiences onboard MSC Splendida (not sure if you got a chance to read it before you left) so I'm looking forward to reading how you got on when you get back next week. Hope you had a great time.

Trev

Hi Cruise Queen,
    l agre with your comments re: solo prices. l too am looking for a caribbean cruise perhaps February maybe with P&O and l can go anytime too. Hoping the prices will come down or l will have to find a cruisemate! (Val ).

Images
    Hi Cruise Queen,
    l agre with your comments re: solo prices. l too am looking for a caribbean cruise perhaps February maybe with P&O and l can go anytime too. Hoping the prices will come down or l will have to find a cruisemate! (Val ).
    MSC are doing three 7 day cruises around Caribbean in February starting at £389 (cruise only) so it might be worth calling them to see what the single supplement might be on those trips. Looks like a nice ship too.

Hi there ... just read a very interesting section of the Berlitz 2012 Guide to Cruising (thanks to PG for recommendation) that 4 million solo passengers per year cruise which equates to 25% of the total cruising public.

I would therefore like to do a straw poll of how many members of this forum are solo travellers (like me) and is there anything you'd like to see the cruise companies or agents do to help us ??

For example I would like the agents/consultants to always quote a single supplement price on the deals they are advertising so we don't have to keep asking them for the solo cost each time.

How about you?
    I am new to solo cruising after losing my husband, but I have booked with Swan Hellenic in November 18 days for less than £100 a day in a twin cabin on my own, Also a 28 day next year with Fred Olsen for even less which includes 'All Inclusive drinks' in a superior outside cabin. These a first class companies, so look around these solo offers are available.

alc...at least you lve at the Port!!!!!!!!I have to fly first!!!!
    I am doing my first solo cruise tovNorway in May.

Anthea from The Rock of Gibraltar

alc...at least you lve at the Port!!!!!!!!I have to fly first!!!!
    I am doing my first solo cruise tovNorway in May.
    I don't call the middle of Scotland 'at the port' I will have to travel to Edinburgh then fly to Gatwick to fly to the Canaries in November, then fly back to Scotland from Gatwick at the end. Next year will be a train to Liverpool via Edinburgh and Preston. Not the easyiest thing to plan as a disabled 80 year old.

I don't call the middle of Scotland 'at the port' I will have to travel to Edinburgh then fly to Gatwick to fly to the Canaries in November, then fly back to Scotland from Gatwick at the end. Next year will be a train to Liverpool via Edinburgh and Preston. Not the easyiest thing to plan as a disabled 80 year old.
    Oh ok....then at least on the same bit of land!
    You can get cruises from Scotland though if you wished........we never have any going from here....even though we are a popular cruise ship port.if I could I would be able to walk there!
    I have looked up leaving from Liverpool as when I go and visit my Mum it would be easier for me than flying to Manchester and then getting myself down to S/ton.

Anthea from The Rock of Gibraltar

I almost live at the port. If I sailed from Portsmouth I could be there in about 10-15mins. Southampton is around 30-45 mins!

Booked cruises:

Balmoral - mini cruise
    Norwegian Epic - Barcelona to Miami repo

Brilliance of the Seas - Scandinavia & Russia
    Brilliance of the Seas - Harwich to Boston repo
    Explorer of the Seas - Southampton to Barcelona repo

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast