Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Loyalty - What Loyalty!!!

We sailed with P&O for 14 nights last year and are looking forward to our 17 night cruise with them next month. Unlike most other cruiselines we have sailed with eg RCI, Celebrity and NCL whose loyalty scheme starts after the first cruise , P&O's loyalty scheme starts after 15 nights. Great I thought this is the first night of our cruise then we will benefit from their loyaly scheme - No it wont start until after we return (night 31) Surely with the advent of the computer it would be easy to activate our loyalty to the brand whilst we are on board after all you can update the onboard spent easily enough!!!!!
    Come on P&O show some loyalty to your customer's.

Images
    Jill, P&O's so called 'Loyalty' schemes have caused more upset and dissent than any other cruise line, not just in recent times, but going back more years than I care to remember.

'Loyalty'..........It's a wonder they know how to spell it..........Wilba

Wilba

Hi Jill
    Compared to Celebrities Loyalty scheme P&Os is a bad joke ,5 cruises can get you into Elite with a wealth of benefits 2 hours free drinks for starters .P&O 5 cruises a small discount on your on board spend and a chance to overpay with there early booking for members.
    I am also sure there may be more loyalty clubs worth joining other than P&Os....Taffy

Images
    P&O know exactly what they are doing, they want you to take 2 cruises before ANY loyalty is rewarded. I wouldn't worry about it, as Taffy says P&O's loyalty scheme is a joke. We've done over 60 nights in the last 5 years on 12 cruises with them and only received a few crappy badges made of tinfoil metal

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi Jill
    Compared to Celebrities Loyalty scheme P&Os is a bad joke ,5 cruises can get you into Elite with a wealth of benefits 2 hours free drinks for starters .P&O 5 cruises a small discount on your on board spend and a chance to overpay with there early booking for members.
    I am also sure there may be more loyalty clubs worth joining other than P&Os....Taffy
    HI Taffy I only need another cruise on Celebrity to access Elite, when I said so when I book my next cruise I will automatically be in that tier, I was told no you have to complete the cruise and it will be applied on the cruise after the one which takes you to the elite tier.
    So really it is 6 cruises before your allocated elite status.

I like loyalty schemes that combine number of nights on board with on board spending.

Also depending upon cabin and length of cruise, you can reach Elite on Celebrity after 4 cruises

Annie

Illegitimi non carborundum

HI Taffy I only need another cruise on Celebrity to access Elite, when I said so when I book my next cruise I will automatically be in that tier, I was told no you have to complete the cruise and it will be applied on the cruise after the one which takes you to the elite tier.
    So really it is 6 cruises before your allocated elite status.
    It depends on cabin grade and Length of cruise CG / I know of no reward scheme that gives you the rewards before .
    If you booked 4 x 14 nights cruises in a Concierge cabin or above your on 12 points you only need 10 to access Elite .
    How many nights would you need to get to the top with P&O .....Taffy

It depends on cabin grade and Length of cruise CG / I know of no reward scheme that gives you the rewards before .
    If you booked 4 x 14 nights cruises in a Concierge cabin or above your on 12 points you only need 10 to access Elite .
    How many nights would you need to get to the top with P&O .....Taffy
    I agree Taffy and with Celebrity they added in my points from my Azamara cruise

Annie

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just to clear things up with Celebrity you get 1 point each time you cruise, 1point if you cruise for 12 days or more and 1 point for booking a Concierge cabin or above. You need 10 points to get into the top tier Elite! The maximum points you can get is 3per cruise....Taffy

The good thing about travelling with P&O is Princess cruises recognise every one your cruise nights towards their loyalty scheme(Captains Circle).Of course you need to have done a cruise with them.I only did one years ago and discovered recently that we both hold elite status.So when I have completed my current cruises already booked, I shall not be booking ahead with P&O again. So no early morning starts for my travel agent when the booking lines open.! Already did a seven day on Ryndam with HAL recently but found the food was not up to scratch and certainly not as good as P&O.So looking forward to trying Princess for my free mini bar!In the future it is getaway fares for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast