Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Thumbs down Celebrity 5* Cruise, low cost airline

Imagine my excitement to have booked a 5* cruise on Equinox :D and then my disappointment to find they have ticketed us on low cost Easyjet flights :mad:
    Why oh why do they do it? (other than cost) - takes the shine off the holiday!
    Kicking myself for not chasing/checking the flights sooner (buyer beware and all that), foolishly expected more from Celebrity

Went for a flycruise package as was stressed by the volcano v my flights in May (booked independently)

Last edited by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke; 28th June 2010 at 05:11 PM.
    Helen

the keeper of Sophie (who snores), the cat and Tallulah and Loobylu, the kitties

But remember that Easyjet let you pack as much weight into your cabin bag as you like - we find (we are obliged to fly Easyjet as they are the only airline that flies regularly from Athens to Manchester since Olympic pulled out) that we can actually take more weight with them than with most other, 'normal' airlines.

Helen where are you flying from? We flew from Heathrow for our Equinox cruise last year and flew BA, same on our Century cruise in May. I would be very disappointed to start a wonderful cruise with an Easyjet flight. Apart from the luggage, I HATE not having a specified seat and all that entails too. Can you phone Celebrity and stamp your foot?

Sue

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    But remember that Easyjet let you pack as much weight into your cabin bag as you like - we find (we are obliged to fly Easyjet as they are the only airline that flies regularly from Athens to Manchester since Olympic pulled out) that we can actually take more weight with them than with most other, 'normal' airlines.
    Hadn't thought of that! shoes, books and non liquid heavies in the carry on for me! ta

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Helen where are you flying from? We flew from Heathrow for our Equinox cruise last year and flew BA, same on our Century cruise in May. I would be very disappointed to start a wonderful cruise with an Easyjet flight. Apart from the luggage, I HATE not having a specified seat and all that entails too. Can you phone Celebrity and stamp your foot?

Sue
    Tried it, would cost 400 to change to BA, told was ticketed on Easyjet as so close to sail date

It'll be chin up and be thankful for the holiday!

Helen

the keeper of Sophie (who snores), the cat and Tallulah and Loobylu, the kitties

Just make sure that the size of your carry on will fit into the cage that they have at the check in points and that you can lift it above your head in order to be able to get it into the overhead locker.

At the end of the day, providing you got a good deal, you have the reassurance that Celebrity will look after you to ensure the flight and the transfer gets you to the ship.

We have flown with BA twice in the last year and also with Easyjet twice in the last year. Easyjet win hands down for clean/modern planes, efficient staff and actually being on time. BA are effectively a no frills carrier now - all the extras you used to get on short haul flights have pretty much gone now. The BA planes are tatty and the staff are fairly aloof. The BA attendant had the cheek to tell me how hard done by they are, after she had told me they had held her job open for 3 yars after she went on maternity leave, that she now worked one month on and one month off, that they co-ordinated her shifts with her husbands to try and make sure they have childcare cover, and that she spent Christmas in St Lucia because she got cheap flights as a perk.

Now Ryanair is a different matter (but that's just personal experience...)

Images
    You will need to go into training for the sprint for a seat on the plane........
    On your mark......... get set...................

http://www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk/

Have to say I like both Easyjet and BA. Wouldn't worry me which I travelled with. Now Thomas Cook... that's a different thing altogether. Horrible"!!!!

Images
    We had Easyjet flights from Bristol for our RCI cruise from Barcelona last year and they were absolutely fine both ways....clean, comfortable and on time....we wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Images
    we fly/cruise with celebrity. they have used BA, British Midland, lufthansa. all were just OK. we have used easyjet several times on internal flights and had no problems. we always left on time whereas one one occasion BA was over one hour late by then we missed our connection. the connection that we did eventually get was delayed for again over one hour. I would have no hesitation flying with easyjet.

next May we are flying with Ryanair. I am not so sure about them. we are cruising for one week so one case will do us but this case would be approx 20kilos we cannot use it as it's over the allowed 15kilos, so we will have to take two cases instead with a total combined weight that will proberly be more. makes no sense to me.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast