Topic: P & O flights

P & O flights

Am hoping to book a P & O Caribbean cruise from Barbados but my husband is v nervous about flying & has never done long haul. I've contacted 2 travel agents about the planes used by P & O but neither have bothered to reply. We'd like to fly from one of the Midland airports but would be prepared to go from London or Manchester if we could be guaranteed a direct flight with individual TVs & extra leg room we've also considered premium class if this would ensure a good seat. Can anyone give me any information on what planes P & O generally use for Barbados & how I can make sure my husband has a stress free flight?

Welcome...I hope a techie of some sort comes up with more precise info, but they use Thomas Cook or Thompson flights, no idea of what type of plane. I haven't done one for a while but more recent travellers say legroom is greatly improved, the food is how aeroplane food is, all have seat back TV's these days, people also say the upgrade isn't worth it but we have upgraded for our next one.

P&O normally use Thomson from both East Midlands or Birmingham. Flights to Barbados are non stop taking around 9 hours on a 767. Leg room has been extended in the last couple of years and there is now no problem. Seats have individual video screens in the back. Seat layout is 2-4-2. There was an adequate supply of drinks and reasonable (for airlines) food. The flight we had last year was equally as good, if not better, than the BA flight we had to the States the previous year. My personal opinion is that premium is not worth while as most of the extra cost goes in the double airport tax (100 now going to 150 in Nov)
    Once you check your luggage in at the airport the next time you will see it is in your cabin on board the ship. On landing in Barbados you are met on the tarmac with a fleet of small buses that take you direct to the ship so there are no queues for immigration or waiting for your luggage. This takes around 45mins. Check in is done alongside the ship and you should be soon on board.
    Brian

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Welcome...I hope a techie of some sort comes up with more precise info, but they use Thomas Cook or Thompson flights, no idea of what type of plane. I haven't done one for a while but more recent travellers say legroom is greatly improved, the food is how aeroplane food is, all have seat back TV's these days, people also say the upgrade isn't worth it but we have upgraded for our next one.
    Do you know if by upgrading to Premium economy you will get a greater luggage allowance?

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Do you know if by upgrading to Premium economy you will get a greater luggage allowance?
    Not on P&O, its still 23 kilos.

Last edited by spud, newcastle; 28th June 2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Spellings.............