Images

Easyjet flights

Hi
    Just got home yesterday from a few wet + cold days on Costa del Sol,ironically with Easyjet.
    I found an e mail from Easyjet saying my flight in June to Barcelona had been cancelled,it had been re timed.
    This was due to ATC/Landing slot problems.
    It gave me 2 options=cancel or rebook on another flight in a 30 day period.As i was picking a cruise up the following day it was imperative i got there.
    Luckily i was able to re book on 12:15 flight (the cancelled one was for 07:15)but if i had been away a while + not checked my mail this flight could have been booked up.
    The return from Malaga is unaffected.
    This problem has affected i believe 100s of flights this summer.
    Anybody else had same experience.
    JC

Last edited by jc, liverpool; 12th February 2010 at 02:53 PM.

The pain still lives with us, but here's a story for you. Two years ago, in order to go and visit friends, we booked flights with a Spanish company called 'Clickair' from Athens to Barcelona and return, connecting with Iberia flights to and from Almeria. We arrived at Athens airport to find no trace of our outbound flight and inquiry revealed that the flights - both out bound and return - had been changed, so that our outbound flight had gone the day before. Ringing Clickair from the airport, we were told they had rung us to tell us of the changes - but we hadn't been in. When I asked why they hadn't emailed, there was silence. To cut a long story short, buying new flights on the spot with Iberia ended up costing us 1000 pounds - because in missing our connection to the flight from Barcelona to Almeria, Iberia cancelled the return! A long battle with Clickair for compensation got us nowhere, just cost us more in postage, photocopying, etc. They claimed they'd sent us emails advising us of the changes - as someone who checks her email about 20 times every day, I assured the authorities who are meant to protect air travellers that I would not have missed such an email - but they believed Clickair.

Your post is totally hyperthetical.Airlines do have cancelled flights and in your case they did E Mail you .They also offered to Cancel the booking.and if a suitable timed flight was not available then you could have booked with another Airline.But all is well for you now and file it under The Joys Of Travelling.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Your post is totally hypothetical.Airlines do have cancelled flights and in your case they did E Mail you .They also offered to Cancel the booking.and if a suitable timed flight was not available then you could have booked with another Airline.But all is well for you now and file it under The Joys Of Travelling.
    Hi
    Yes Airlines do cancel flights but this was a complete rescheduling of some flights in May,June,July/August.
    The 1st e mail said the flights were cancelled throwing
    the travel plans of thousands into chaos,many booking alternative flights from alternative airports at extra cost.
    Low + behold hours later a 2nd e mail with apologies for 1st e mail due to tech error,flight not cancelled just re timed + you could rebook on this one at no charge.
    Too late for many.
    It was hypothetical in the sense i managed to rebook, so what?
    JC