Ryanair's cash passport

Anyone use Ryanair's cash passport? It saves you €6 / £6 per one way fight per person which for a booking of 2 adults and 2 kids it is a saving of €48 / £48 per booking. I was in Oporto last December and flew DUB-MAD, MAD-OPO, OPO-BVA and BVA-DUB. The flights came to €92 and the admin fee was €24. So significant savings can be made with it. The actual set up costs are not bad however some of the fees are quite expensive.

What does seem crazy is that to pay Ryanair directly with VISA costs you €6 per flight segment yet you can reload your CashPassport online with your VISA card for free. I thought Ryanair were the masters of cutting out the midde man!!!

Cash Passport, the convenient, secure way to carry and access foreign currency overseas. | Cash Passport, the convenient, secure way to carry and access foreign currency overseas.

Like most things associated with Ryanair - is it actually too good to be true?

Last edited by tomvet, limerick, roi; 7th February 2012 at 12:55 AM.

Images
    I suppose Ryanair collect a nice commission from Mastercard?

Am I right in thinking it only saves you £6 on your first flight booking (made within six months of getting your card) and NOT per person?

You get a free flight if you spend £2,000 per quarter - very unlikely for most passengers I would imagine!

I hardly seems worth the bother to me. I don't want to be loyal and tied into any one company. You might find an Easyjet flight to be more than £6 cheaper to the same destination as Ryanair!

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 7th February 2012 at 10:25 AM.