Topic: costa

costa

as posted before we are cruising with costa in march to dubia is anyone else doing this cruise - another question is has anyone flew out with emirates and back with british airways if so can they enlighten me with the baggage allowance - emirates allowance is 30kg and BA 23kg so bit confused as to what our allowance will be - can anyone help

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    as posted before we are cruising with costa in march to dubia is anyone else doing this cruise - another question is has anyone flew out with emirates and back with british airways if so can they enlighten me with the baggage allowance - emirates allowance is 30kg and BA 23kg so bit confused as to what our allowance will be - can anyone help
    Emirates indeed are now 30kg as opposed to BA's 23kg

There's no catch..........Honest. Can you not fly both ways with Emirates?.........Wilba

Wilba

Images
    Another reason to choose Emirates if possible !!!!!

thanks for replying we would love to fly back with emirates but unfortunately we come back from geona and emirates dont fly from europe therefore we are in limbo as to what our luggage allowance will be

Images
    I am pretty sure the flight with BA will be the allowance you will have to stick with. I would have thought that when you check in BA will not be interested in what your allowance with Emirates was but as I avoid flying like the plague I am sure someone who has had to cope with this situation will have a definitive answer..Carol

Images
    I agree with Carol here....I'm sure you will have to abide by BAs allowance for their flight...they won't be interested in what you had with Emirates. Have you enquired what the excess charge would be if you took 30 kgs on BA? Actually we have always found that 23kgs each has been ample for our two week cruises, remember you will have at least 5 kgs each hand luggage as well!

I know some people don't like flying internally to Gatwick because their allowance will be less on the internal flight than their flight from Gatwick.

thanks everyone for replying we kinda thought we would need to go with ba's allowance which is a bit of a hassle as we are away for 18 nights so a bit longer than the 2 weeks - will just need to cut back on the clothes for hubby and son lol

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    thanks everyone for replying we kinda thought we would need to go with ba's allowance which is a bit of a hassle as we are away for 18 nights so a bit longer than the 2 weeks - will just need to cut back on the clothes for hubby and son lol
    Oh the men will hardly need anything, and get them to fly wearing lots of layers. Remind them that no one will be looking at what THEY wear, you are the one that matters:DCarol

lol thanks carol my thoughts exactly though son has never cruised before thinks he will have his jeans with him lol bless lots to learn lol