Topic: Airmiles

Airmiles

I recently noticed that you could ask questions of an Airmiles member of staff on Twitter.

Some time ago I enquired about booking a one-way flight, and was told that it was only possible to book return flights. I tweeted an enquiry asking why we could not use our Airmiles for one-way flights, and got a response that we will be able to do this from November this year.

I just thought that I'd share this information. It might be useful for people wanting to sail Transatlantic and fly one way.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I recently noticed that you could ask questions of an Airmiles member of staff on Twitter.

Some time ago I enquired about booking a one-way flight, and was told that it was only possible to book return flights. I tweeted an enquiry asking why we could not use our Airmiles for one-way flights, and got a response that we will be able to do this from November this year.

I just thought that I'd share this information. It might be useful for people wanting to sail Transatlantic and fly one way.
    Ah yes, but what they didn't tell you is that you will now have to pay the taxes/charges so no more 'freebies' - also Airmiles changing in November to 'Avios' miles - Amount of airmiles you currently have will be x 10 but a flight within UK will no longer be 750 (7,500 Avios) return miles but 9,000 Avios . Think you still get current deal if you book before end of November but not sure. Can anyone confirm that?

Magrat

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Ah yes, but what they didn't tell you is that you will now have to pay the taxes/charges so no more 'freebies' - also Airmiles changing in November to 'Avios' miles - Amount of airmiles you currently have will be x 10 but a flight within UK will no longer be 750 (7,500 Avios) return miles but 9,000 Avios . Think you still get current deal if you book before end of November but not sure. Can anyone confirm that?
    When I first started saving Airmiles, you had to pay the taxes separately. They changed it a few years ago to incorporate the taxes, but then of course the miles 'price' went up. Everything about the change to Avios was set out in the email sent to those of us on the distribution list. I still have a number of miles in my account, so need the opportunity to use them.

Images
    We have had many flights and hotels through Airmiles over the years, it remains to be seen whether Avios will be as good..

Photography derived from the Greek photos- for "light" and -graphos for "drawing​

Thomson Majesty Hellenic Classics May1st 2015