weight allowed

hi can anyone tell me the weight of suitcases, flying with ba.

Images
    Patsey go to the BA website and check for the grade of your ticket, Upper, Business or Cattle.

Wilba

hi wilba defintley cattle!thankyou.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    hi wilba defintley cattle!thankyou.
    Me too! I've got a tag on my ear and a bell around my neck!

Wilba

Wilba, you are supposed to have 2 tags and a passport! Tom

Images
    Check the weight of you case. It may pay to go to Argos and buy a lightweight one

European/Worldwide
    Economy is 1 hold bag of up to 23KG + plus carry on bag cabin sized up to 10KG + laptop bag
    Business and First - range from 3 hold bags @ 23KG (upwards) + carry on bag cabin sized up to 10KG + laptop bag

Lancashire Cunarder

23kg 1 suitcase (for us from BSL /Switzerland to Heathrow/GB)
    also to be found here:
    British Airways - Baggage essentials
    hope that helps you further.
    also check here British Airways - Checked baggage for the possibility to "buy" extra luggage allowance by piece, each 23kg, a good hint to book it prior to check-in online from home (makes it cheaper) - really comes in handy for our next cruise and is MUCH cheaper than paying excess-baggage per kilo...

Last edited by Millis Glashaus, Bad Saeckingen/Germany; 19th June 2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Best regards from southwest Germany at the Swiss border

millis glashaus

www.millisglashaus.blogspot.com
    (cruise diary - in German language only)

Patsey go to the BA website and check for the grade of your ticket, Upper, Business or Cattle.
    Just as an extra, I have my own flight booked with BA and the other day I was offered and took Business Class for the homeward flight for 27 per person. This allows me to take two cases each on the outward as well as the return flight, the use of the Club Class Lounge at a very busy airport and all the niceties of a Club Class flight. I would normally buy an Executive Lounge pass which costs 20 each anyway so that, for me was a good deal.

So it is always worth signing into the BA flight systems early and, even if you are not one, joining the "Frequent Flyer" scheme. There are benefits and points to be earned which will boost you to Club Class when you collect enough of them. Other airlines offer similar schemes but because you mentioned BA and I prefer BA I have talked about them. .....Neil