Alternative flights

We would like to go on a Panama canal cruise with P&O (because they are non smoking ships) but dont want to fly with Thomson. Does anyone know if you can fly with a scheduled airline bearing in mind you have to fly to Acapulco and back from Barbados? Or can anyone recomend other ships that are more or less non smoking, and have more flexible flight arrangments.
    thanks
    Doreen

Images
    The only small snippet I can add..
    is that both BA and Virgin have regular flights from Barbados to the UK
    for your return leg

-but as for the other bit....can't help,sorry
    :o

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

There are no direct scheduled flights to Acapulco. The best would be a change in Mexico city, but would probably be a longer flight and more hastle changing than the P&O Thomson plane which only has to stop to refuel. Not also that Thomson have removed some seats and there is more legroom and this is now not a problem. There would also be a significant increase in cost.
    Brian

Images
    In our experience Thomson flights are excellent....we flew with them back from Barbados last year and the space was excellent...loads of leg room. tv in the back of the seat in front, with films, games, etc.etc. free drinks and good food.....far better than our flight on BA to and from Dubai !!!

This from the P&O website.
    If you would prefer not to take our charter flights, our Flights Department can arrange scheduled economy flights to/from Barbados at a supplement from 379 per person one-way or 699 per person return. They will also be pleased to provide a quote on your preferred carrier for upgrades to premium economy, business or first class. We regret that we are unable to offer scheduled flights to/from Acapulco, Manaus, Montego Bay, New Orleans or Fort Lauderdale/Miami. Please note that scheduled flights are subject to availability and from/to London only, and that depending on flight schedules it may be necessary to arrange overnight hotels before or after your cruise at your own expense. You will need to check-in and collect your own baggage, and we can only provide transfers to/from the ship where scheduled flights coincide with our charter flight arrival and departure timings
    I would agree with Morris that Thomson are no worse than BA, in fact maybe better and more legroom. Last time we flew BA to LAX, 2 out of 4 suitcases did not arrive.
    Brian

Thank you all for the advice, much appreciated. Still havent decided as my partner wont do the long haul to Acapulco!

regards
    Doreen

Don't worry about it being long haul. I've been on Thomsonfly to San Juan, Peurto Rico and Montego Bay, Jamaica. Both flights were 9-10 hours. Though not as long as a flight to Acapulco, the flight company do look after you very well, there is plenty of legroom, lots of entertainment channels and games in the console in the back of the headrest in front and nice flight crew! I found the flight to the Caribbean 'flew' by very quickly! (No pun intended!)

I have to agree, Thompson were superb on our flt to Barbados, we fly a lot to the middle east and use KLM there planes are uncomfortable and food awful,Thompson rally look after you, and as the previous poster said the time flew by!

The other thing you have to consider is that when they are using charter flights P&O rarely give a good air credit for not taking their flight, so you may end up paying for the flight twice in effect. This is particularly the case when booking the cruise late.