Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thomas cook flights

Hi all, this is our first cruise going to carribean on the 6th Dec, flying with thomas cook, what can we expect?? Heard awfull reports about this ariline.

Just got back from Thomas cook Barbados Charter flight. It was fine even in cattle class. We had a 4 hour delay (medical emergency and/or hurricane related - cannot be helped). We received free drinks all the way and hand luggage size did not seem to be challenged. I dont know if these were given because of the delay or not.

free drinks going out or just a sweetner for delay?? thanks for reply jeanette

We had TC flights to Barbados this year and had no complaints at all. Good food (for flights) and free drinks all the flights.

Flew back from Barbados on Thomas Cook Flight TCX47L on 13/11/10. Flight took off 3 1/2 hrs late. Our seats were double and triple allocated. In flight service was rubbish, food consisted of 1 drink, 1 sandwich, 1 Twix and a small cup of tea. cabin staff had conflicting stories about the food problem. Due to delay missed our connecting flight resulting in expensive rebooking cost for later flight. Avoid Thomas Cook if possible.

Our last long haul flight with Thomas cook was fine, free drinks wine with dinner, enough leg room and no delays, Thompsons though, now first choice, was dreadful really cramped uncomfortable seats, food was grim and we were in premiun oh and a 4 hour delay.

The last time I used TC the luggage allowance was only 15kg for a two week Caribbean holiday.
    I will never use them again unless this changes in line with other tour operators.:mad:

Just had decent TC flights on LGW to Barbados
    Leg room is as good as Emirates BA and BMI in Economy Class and certainly better than European charter flights.
    Staff are mixed you could get a surly female or two as we had out and back. However other staff were good.
    Food as usual in economy class is usually between poor and dire. Breakfast was a muffin and orange juice. Take a crusty sarny on board and crisps and twix or similar.
    Drinks headsets etc are all free - or they were with P&O
    Also P&O took us off the plane straight into buses and onwards to the ship. we had 70 minutes from plane to cabin which was really good.
    Having said all that we were delayed 6+ hours into LGW from Barbados due to techy problems but that wasnt reallt TC's fault because these things happen do they not. You get what you pay for really and it isnt a lot unless we all can pay 3k+ in business class

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    The last time I used TC the luggage allowance was only 15kg for a two week Caribbean holiday.
    I will never use them again unless this changes in line with other tour operators.:mad:
    If you are flying on a P&O charter, who use Thomas Cook and Thomson, the allowance is 23kg plus 5g hand luggage regardless of which airline is used as the allowance is set by P&O.
    Brian

looking forward to flight now, had some good feed back. only hope for snow to stay away from manchester airport and m6!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast