Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Airline disappointment

Booked for next April, Royal suite with Constellation again to the Caribbean, received the travel arrangements today, quite surprised to see we are flying Iberia airlines stopping off at Madrid and then onwards to Miami, we choose this cruise as it did not stop off in Spain as a lot of reviews have said about the Spanish in hoardes, never mind Iberia flight, what??? Anyone know about this airline please. Margaret

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Booked for next April, Royal suite with Constellation again to the Caribbean, received the travel arrangements today, quite surprised to see we are flying Iberia airlines stopping off at Madrid and then onwards to Miami, we choose this cruise as it did not stop off in Spain as a lot of reviews have said about the Spanish in hoardes, never mind Iberia flight, what??? Anyone know about this airline please. Margaret
    Iberia are soon to be aligned with British Airways, so must be quite a size. Not that this means anything today!

Hope all goes well and enjoy your cruise.

Wen

Images
    http://www.iberia.com/?language=en
    Better than my friends experience with Air Italia.
    You might be thinking of the Spanish 7% tax added to Ships accounts when in Spanish docks /waters. As in a drink is xn then you paid %15 then SPain 7%//
    http://www.cruises.co.uk/445-cruises...anish_tax.html
    See above thread

Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 8th October 2010 at 07:28 AM.
    Rob
    Next Cruise:> My Blog robbarcruises.wordpress.com

Hi, booked a BA scheduled flight to Barcelona 3 years ago, Iberia Airlines were carrier. Then it was quite a disappointment, seemed fairly budget airline, no meal provided & had to pay for tea/coffee, snacks. Not what you expect with BA
    I'm sure if its now being aligned with BA, service should have improved. Google it for reviews.

As has been said Iberia is about to join hands with BA,meaning this will be a shared flight ,most likely with also a BA number.The majority of Tranatlantic flights are good it being a Premier route,service and food on Iberia are generally good and course drinks will be free.

You can check the terminals in Madrid and this will give you the info as to what terminal you arrive at and what the Departing Terminal is. It can only be assumed that baggage allowance will be 23 kgs in line with other carriers on the same route.When you get the Flight number it will also be possible to book your seats on the Transatlantic section which is advised.

Not sure what your problem is.
    On an indirect flight always preferable to have a short first leg via a European gateway rather than a US one.

When you book a full package through Celebrity you are never guaranteed direct flights unless you specifically request.......and then you will have to pay a premium.

I am also trying to work out your prejudices against the Spanish. You are not going there for a holiday, you are merely boarding a plane to take you to Miami.

Images
    I am also trying to work out your prejudices against the Spanish. You are not going there for a holiday, you are merely boarding a plane to take you to Miami.
    quote: ////we choose this cruise as it did not stop off in Spain as a lot of reviews have said about the Spanish in hoardes//""
    I believe the comment was more about reviews people had posted and best of my knowledge it had to do with the Spanish Government imposing a 7% tax on Ships purchases while in Spanish dock/ waters.

Last edited by RobBar, Canada; 8th October 2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: update tax value
    Rob

Almost certainly the Madrid stop will involve a change of aircraft, with the added potential of losing luggage.
    As there are both BA and Virgin and some American airlines fly non stop from London to Miami, it seems a strange choice.
    Brian

Images
    We received our flight details for our cruise on Discovery in January.

We have a Virgin flight booked from Heathrow to Barbados- no problem there.

We knew that we wouldn't get a direct flight home from recife in Brazil but were surprised that the first flight is south to San Paulo with TAM, where we get another flight (3hrs later) also with TAM to Heathrow.
    It seems a very long way journey home.
    I guess it must be the deal that Discovery have struck with the airlines.

Jill

Images
    Almost certainly the Madrid stop will involve a change of aircraft, with the added potential of losing luggage.
    As there are both BA and Virgin and some American airlines fly non stop from London to Miami, it seems a strange choice.
    Brian
    Brian
    More to do with this being an Air/Cruise arrangement via Celebrity. As someone said earlier you can sometimes oveerride by paying a surcharge to Celebrity.

Rob

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast