Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Info from P&O ref bar prices

I just called P&O ref bar prices and the guy (very helpful by the way) put me on hold and obtained ( so he said ) a copy of a bar tariff from Ventura and the prices were not that much different with the prices in my local....so unless he was "avin a larf" the cost of the occasional drink at one of the bars aint gonna be as disastrous as I have been led to believe.

Images
    Hi Tommo, he was not "aving a larf" It is well known PO drink's prices are very reasonable , I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the bar bills have a good cruise. Marie

Images

Forked tongue advice

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I just called P&O ref bar prices and the guy (very helpful by the way) put me on hold and obtained ( so he said ) a copy of a bar tariff from Ventura and the prices were not that much different with the prices in my local....so unless he was "avin a larf" the cost of the occasional drink at one of the bars aint gonna be as disastrous as I have been led to believe.
    I don't know who led you to believe P&O bar prices would be disastrous but whoever they were got it hopelessly wrong. P&O have a great record of reasonable drink prices, along with Thomson and Fred Olsen. Additionally none of the three add a gratuity.

Drinks prices on P and O Ventura

We have just returned from a 14 night cruise on Ventura(arrived back in Southampton 8th May 2010).A pint of Stella was 2.95.Pint of Boddingtons 2.80 and the 500ml bottles of Speckled Hen were 2.65 as were the Marstons pedigree.The prices for other drinks are also very reasonable when compared with rip-off Royal Caribbean and Princess.
    We enjoyed the cruise so much we are going on Azura in July.
    Would recommend P & O to anyone thinking of cruising.

As well as bar price being about the same as in a pub in the UK, their wines are also fairly priced. Of course you can go very top end as well. Champagne is not much more than buying a bottle in an hotel or restaurant ashore.

BTW, your wine steward works on comission and does not expect a tip so when we have tipped for good service they are very surprised and very grateful.

Add to that the fact that you can purchase a botle of spirits for consumption in your cabin, (around 11.50 for gin) they really are a good value company in this respect.

Images
    We arrived home last Saturday from our first cruise with P&O aboard the Ventura. We usually sail with RCI/Celebrity. We were amazed how cheap the drinks were as were the gratuities. It makes a huge difference to the holiday costs. We may well now switch to P&O.

Cruise lines are typically 4 & 5 * hotel equivalents - so one should expect to pay equivalent prices to such hotels. Just factor this cost into the cost of your holiday and enjoy. Forget about the extra few bob on a pint - just enjoy your holiday. (Save a wee bit harder before you go.)
    Also - forget about sitting tucked away in your cabin with a smuggled bottle or two. Get out into the lovely bars around the ship, meet nice people and - once again - enjoy your holiday.

cheers
    Harvey

Our on board spirit purchase is usually for a drink on the balcony at sail away or pre dinner when we are not in any state of dress to adjourn to a bar :-) I find this most civilised as opposed to our experience on RCI.

However, the wine at dinner and post dinner drinks are so reasonable that I'm afraid we partake of far too many.

Harvey, I love the name!

Images

Flying Speed

Cruise lines are typically 4 & 5 * hotel equivalents - so one should expect to pay equivalent prices to such hotels. Just factor this cost into the cost of your holiday and enjoy. Forget about the extra few bob on a pint - just enjoy your holiday. (Save a wee bit harder before you go.)
    Also - forget about sitting tucked away in your cabin with a smuggled bottle or two. Get out into the lovely bars around the ship, meet nice people and - once again - enjoy your holiday.

cheers
    Harvey
    I like the message Harvey. Get out amongst it. Old habits do die hard in our household, both ex Royal Navy, and we look to getting up some 'flying speed' with a G&T in the bath.

Thanks for all the gen very helpful

Tommo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast