Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Celebrity Eclipse. Current drinks prices.

Hello all.
    We are trying to decide whether to have a drinks package or not ????, would anyone have an up to date drinks price list for the Celebrity Eclipse. Also interested in soft drink prices etc. Thanks

Images
    most drinks are approx 6-9$$. bottle of wine from $27 all with 15% service charge to be added. I've looked at the drinks package and feel you would need to have to drink about 7 or 8 drinks a day to come out even.

there may be a thread on this under Celebrity.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Hello Budgie.

Be careful when comparing drinks prices with the cost of a drinks package as it can be a bit confusing. When the ship sails from Southampton the tip is included in the price. When sailing in America the price is lower but 15% is added on. The end price should be the same. We sailed from Southampton a couple of months back and had premium packages. These covered drinks up to $13.75.

From memory, all cocktails in the molecular bar were $13.75. They only sold molecular cocktails there so if you wanted a drink at that particular bar then you either needed a premium package or you would pay $13.75 for every drink.

The Martini Bar was great fun and the wide selection of martinis were priced at $11.50. They did sell other drinks there however.

Wine by the glass started at around $8 but there was a good selection at $13.75 which sits nicely with the premium package.

A large bottle of Evian water (1.5l) was $4 and a cappuccino or latte in Cafe al Bacio was about $5.25.

I think beers started at around $5 a bottle.

I seem to remember liqueurs like Amaretto were $7.

Can't help with spirits but the premium package gets you brands like Grey Goose Vodka and single malt whiskies.

There was more to it for me than just getting my money's worth. It was great to just have what I wanted without worrying about the high price of the drinks. It was a real treat for us both to break away from our usual cruise drinks and try different things. We had a brilliant cruise and hope you do too.

Bob

Thanks for that information my friend. I assume the 15% service charge is not a charge that can be removed if you do not want to pay it ?. Im not being tight but 15% seems a bit much for moving a bottle of beer across the bar !.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    most drinks are approx 6-9$$. bottle of wine from $27 all with 15% service charge to be added. I've looked at the drinks package and feel you would need to have to drink about 7 or 8 drinks a day to come out even.

there may be a thread on this under Celebrity.

Bob
    first let me thank you for your very informative reply to my question.
    As I have already mentioned I feel the 15% service charge to be a bit on the steep side and would if possible have this removed and just tip as I see fit.
    This may be a dumb question but assuming we take a drinks package do we have to pay any extra service charges at the end of the cruise ??.
    Tipping is such a "touchy" subject with some and to be honest my preference is to tip when / where I have recieved very good service and not just have an amount added to my bills.
    If tipping is seen as a must to give the ship staff a decent wage then let the cruise companies be up front and put this cost on the headline cruise price and not try and hide charges amongst all the small print etc, I would far rather they say that is the cruise price £xxxx and no hidden extras.
    Regards John

Hello Budgie.

Be careful when comparing drinks prices with the cost of a drinks package as it can be a bit confusing. When the ship sails from Southampton the tip is included in the price. When sailing in America the price is lower but 15% is added on. The end price should be the same. We sailed from Southampton a couple of months back and had premium packages. These covered drinks up to $13.75.

From memory, all cocktails in the molecular bar were $13.75. They only sold molecular cocktails there so if you wanted a drink at that particular bar then you either needed a premium package or you would pay $13.75 for every drink.

The Martini Bar was great fun and the wide selection of martinis were priced at $11.50. They did sell other drinks there however.

Wine by the glass started at around $8 but there was a good selection at $13.75 which sits nicely with the premium package.

A large bottle of Evian water (1.5l) was $4 and a cappuccino or latte in Cafe al Bacio was about $5.25.

I think beers started at around $5 a bottle.

I seem to remember liqueurs like Amaretto were $7.

Can't help with spirits but the premium package gets you brands like Grey Goose Vodka and single malt whiskies.

There was more to it for me than just getting my money's worth. It was great to just have what I wanted without worrying about the high price of the drinks. It was a real treat for us both to break away from our usual cruise drinks and try different things. We had a brilliant cruise and hope you do too.

Bob

Images
    Budgie the 15% charge on drinks is non removable/non negotiable, but when you purchase a drinks package there is nothing further to pay no matter how much you drink............Wilba

Wilba

Thanks for your speedy reply Wilba. I consider 15% service charge on all drinks to be excessive , now I am aware that not everyone will agree with that and they are like me entitled to have an opinion on this subject. I dont give the barman in my local a 15% tip every time I have a pint !. That 15% service charge is obviously built into the drinks package prices ? , so why have a seperate charge when buying individual drinks outwith a package. This whole service charge business needs to be overhauled and all costs to be made very clear and up front.
    Regards John

Budgie the 15% charge on drinks is non removable/non negotiable, but when you purchase a drinks package there is nothing further to pay no matter how much you drink............Wilba

Thanks for your speedy reply Wilba. I consider 15% service charge on all drinks to be excessive , now I am aware that not everyone will agree with that and they are like me entitled to have an opinion on this subject. I dont give the barman in my local a 15% tip every time I have a pint !. That 15% service charge is obviously built into the drinks package prices ? , so why have a seperate charge when buying individual drinks outwith a package. This whole service charge business needs to be overhauled and all costs to be made very clear and up front.
    Regards John
    Hi Budgie
    Tipping and its rights and wrongs have been done to death on this forum.
    If your bothered about the drink package buy it on the ship they have a help desk near reception you can chat away and ask all the questions you wish then after checking out all the drink prices in the bars eateries you can buy them for the rest of the cruise.
    All the prices you will see on Eclipse have no additional amounts added on ,great ship enjoy your cruise ...Taffy

Bob
    first let me thank you for your very informative reply to my question.
    As I have already mentioned I feel the 15% service charge to be a bit on the steep side and would if possible have this removed and just tip as I see fit.
    This may be a dumb question but assuming we take a drinks package do we have to pay any extra service charges at the end of the cruise ??.
    Tipping is such a "touchy" subject with some and to be honest my preference is to tip when / where I have recieved very good service and not just have an amount added to my bills.
    If tipping is seen as a must to give the ship staff a decent wage then let the cruise companies be up front and put this cost on the headline cruise price and not try and hide charges amongst all the small print etc, I would far rather they say that is the cruise price £xxxx and no hidden extras.
    Regards John
    Hello John, as Wilba says, the 15% is there whether it's a drinks package or individual drinks. The only thing is, when sailing from the UK there is no 15% shown as it is added into the price. A premium package is about $62 per day each. On a typical sea day I would have an orange juice in the morning, a glass of wine with lunch, coffee in the afternoon and maybe a drink up on deck, a couple of cocktails and a martini or two before dinner, two glasses of wine with dinner, an after dinner liqueur and some water to take to the cabin. That would cost about $100. On a port day perhaps $70-80. My OH had less and probably didn't break even but she could have what she wanted and if she didn't like it she could leave it and try something else.

Celebrity are expensive but in my opinion they are worth the extra money. We were select dining so had to pay all tips up front ($11pppd, I think). I don't have an issue with this as I figure it's part of the cruise fare.

Cheers..............Bob

When you buy a drinks package in the UK the price you see on their website is not what you eventually get billed, it is plus the 15 % which to my mind is not made clear when you book one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast