Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cost of drinks on the azura

hi we are new to cruising and very excited but we keep getting different views re wine aboard we like the idea of drinking a bottle or two on our balcony but do we have to buy the wine aboard..can we take wine with us..can we buy wine when in port and then drink in our cabin......what price will we be paying for our wine will it be very expensive as some people say or just about the same as on shore thanks

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    hi we are new to cruising and very excited but we keep getting different views re wine aboard we like the idea of drinking a bottle or two on our balcony but do we have to buy the wine aboard..can we take wine with us..can we buy wine when in port and then drink in our cabin......what price will we be paying for our wine will it be very expensive as some people say or just about the same as on shore thanks
    Who are you cruising with?
    Different companies have different policies

OP has said Azura. P&O drinks prices are very reasonable, about the price of a moderate pub in the UK. Yes you can bring alcohol on board to drink in your room, but its not worth bringing spirits, as a litre bottle of gin (Bombay Sapphire) delivered to the room was about 11, so cheaper than Tesco. Cheapest bottle of wine in the restaurant is about 12.50 (house carafe slightly cheaper), and obviously there is a wide range upwards. You can bring your own wine to the restaurant but you are charged corkage of 10.
    Some other lines charge a great deal more than these prices.

you have made my day thank you

You have also made my day, was a little concerned as we have changed our booking from all inclusive With thomson

Very cheap P&O, one of their good points. No alcohol police on this line.... I take a couple of bottles, but no need really, I find the prices reasonable. Try the scarlet pimpernel martini. I didn't try it until the last night because of the ingredient list, but believe me, it's one of the nicest martinis I've had (and I've tried a lot!!). He, He .... Go to the Planet Bar, it's beautiful, great for sailaways too ...Jo x

P&O Artemis/Oceana/Aurora/Azura
    RCI - Independence of the Seas
    Celebrity Eclipse
    Cunard QM2/QE/QV
    Royal Princess

P & 0 Bar Prices

Yes you correct with your comments P&0 are the best cruise line for cheap bar prices. Cheers Teddytwopaws

P&O probably the best for drinks

And they don't add a 15% service charge plus a space for an additional gratuity!

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    And they don't add a 15% service charge plus a space for an additional gratuity!
    I'll drink to that. P&O sound like they are generous with their drink prices and byo policy, compared to other Lines, no alcohol police at the Gangway, that is a first.

Cheers..Les - Adventure before Dementia !

Excellent value on P&O and a good selection across different bars. Last week a 440ml tin of Caffreys was £2.45 and no service charge. Pint of Boddingtons £3.00 and pint of Stella £3.30. As others have said good range of wines at good prices. Hope you enjoy Azura - we did!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast