Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

P&O to run first UK-Alaska voyage in 40 years

P&O's Arcadia vessel will set off on an epic new journey to Alaska from Southampton, it has been announced.

The last time a direct sailing to the arctic US state left from these shores was way back in 1970.

Arcadia will depart on its Grand Alaska Voyage on April 12th 2011 on a mammoth 72-night adults-only cruise, with prices for the full itinerary starting at £6,999 per person.

Cheaper 45-night packages are also available for the trip.

The itinerary will include a number of Caribbean stops as well as the east and west coasts of the USA.

P&O says it is the only operator which combines the breathtaking landscapes of Alaska with the excitement and glitz of the American coasts.

Managing director of P&O Cruises Carol Marlow said: "Alaska is one of life's 'must see' destinations and Arcadia will not only be visiting the classic Alaskan ports but also some lesser known ports for our passengers to explore."

The Arcadia, which was introduced to P&O's fleet in 2005, is currently its second-largest ship.

Do you think the Grand Alaska Voyage is an exciting prospect?

Fred. Olsen's "Balmoral" sailed from Dover in February 2009 on its world cruise and visited several ports in Alaska before its return to the UK

This cruise sounds absolutely super--unfortunately I can't leave the dog for that long!

Images

Ball and Chain?

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    This cruise sounds absolutely super--
    unfortunately I can't leave the dog for that long!
    The dog's going to prevent you from cruising??
    You're not serious...

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

That would be amazing! But I'm the same I couldn't leave the dog for that long and my bank manager would probably hunt me down too lol

We are booked on this cruise, which I am told is now sold out.Where is a good source to find out which ports will have shuttle buses and also site seeing buses and recommended places to visit. Have just joined this site, so excuse if I am going about this the wrong way-still finding my way through.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    We are booked on this cruise, which I am told is now sold out.Where is a good source to find out which ports will have shuttle buses and also site seeing buses and recommended places to visit. Have just joined this site, so excuse if I am going about this the wrong way-still finding my way through.

What a fantastic cruise - Transatlantic, USA East & West Coasts, Panama Canal and Alaska - but I just looked at the price on this site.....18,200 for 2 people in a Guaranteed Balcony.

Just did a 13 night Alaska fly cruise Plymguy and can advise that you don't need shuttles for the Alaskan Ports, just walk into town. We flew over Misty Fjord at Ketchikan, went whale watching in Juneau and took the White Horse Pass Railway in Skagway - all brilliant.

Welcome to the forum, have a great time.

Images
    We've twice booked the Misty Fjord flight...and had it cancelled twice 'cos it was too misty!! Third time lucky one day.
    Alaska and the north west Pacific coast is my all time favourite destination. Wonderful place.

Wow what a great cruise. One to aspire to!

Many thanks for prompt reply. It should be a fantastic cruise- but will starve until next April to make up for the long 72 days crusing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast