Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: bruges

bruges

has anyone done a shore excursion to Bruges with celebrity

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    has anyone done a shore excursion to Bruges with celebrity
    It's so simple to do it yourself on the little train.
    They normally shuttle bus you to Blankenburge train station from there it's a 15/20 minute train journey and then a 10 minute walk into the main square..........Wilba

Wilba

Ooh, those Belgian chocolates in Bruges...

*Does Homer Simpson drooling noise*

Been 3 times with P&O going again in November, is your question relevant to Celebrity or Bruges....and what is the question?

chocolate shop in Bruges

Images
    Been 3 times with P&O going again in November, is your question relevant to Celebrity or Bruges....and what is the question?
    I have heard of cruise topping but Bruges topping that is sad
    Any advance on three times? ;) :D

Images

oh okay then

I have heard of cruise topping but Bruges topping that is sad
    Any advance on three times? ;) :D
    I'll be there in May, it'll be my 4th visit! not going because Brugges is on the itinery, just happened that way!

Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

MarieC, Troon Guest
    Hi squiddy, I haven't been on any shore excursions but I can say that the train services in Belgium are excellent. It's a doddle to do the whole coast of Belgium on the little train and the service to and from Bruges is great. Just don't do what I did and leave your OH on the platform when the doors are closing!

Liberlass, why did you have to post that pic? There's nothing to beat Belgian chocolate. I've had no chocolate for months and I want it NOW!

The worst mistake we made when we called at Bruges was having taken a taxi ride into Bruges, decided to get the train back and bought a ticket to Zebrugge (as this is where the ships port). Big mistake, it was in a desolate and remote area, no taxis, walked for miles before hailing down a tour coach to get us back on the ship. We completely forgot about Blankenburg and thought we were doing the right thing by going back to Zebrugge.

It was 10 years ago though and I wonder if this is still the case? Is Zebrugge train station still desolate?

We have shared a taxi in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast