Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

All Inclusive drinks package

a review has been posted under "thomson dream" which says that thomsons have considerably reduced the types of beverages compared to previous years.
    can anyone shed some light on this as i've booked this option for the first time this year and may want to change my mind!

have found the copy of the letter from thomsons to "dream" guests re the ai package on the "other site" (see photos of dream,posting 73) ;

draught lager/beer
    house wine by glass
    house spirits, basic choice,nothing fancy
    cocktail of the day,long island iced tea and frozen cocktails
    juices and soft drinks

one drink only per ai customer at each order
    50% discount on certain other drinks
    (this is from memory,so i may be a bit wrong!)

why? according to thomsons, they buy alcoholic drinks in euros and it's due to the poor exchange rate.
    but i don't see why this affects "speciality coffees" etc. as i was hoping to use the ai to get a drinkable cup of coffee! but i should have read the small print properly.

lots of unhappy thomsoners who feel that with older ships and increasingly less competative prices this was one thing in favour of thomsons.whoops.

I was on the Thomson All IN. in March all the drinks were good brands i, had Irish coffee, they put on a different coffee each night. Wine very drinkable,I,drink Brandy my husband rum,whisky,vodka, allgood brand enjoy holiday.

And now it appears the bean counters (accountants) have prevailed and the AI is not what it was.

If you got it free it does not really matter but my sympathy goes out to those who have paid and are now not going to get what they expected.

Thomsons should allow those who have paid for the AI to cancel with a full refund of their purchase price.

Hi just back from a week on the thomson Dream....really not ready to sail, but will post full review. The AI drinks package was very limited, cocktail of the day, Long Island Iced tea, red/white/rose wine, cheap brands of spirits like in an AI hotel, just one brand of each spirit and beer Heinekin on draft or Tom Smiths and thats it!!! By the way I said the Dream wasn't ready to sail and for the first two days of our cruise there was NO draft beer available so if you wanted beer you had to pay for bottles even if you were AI! Thats if you could get served at all, only 2 waiting staff for the first two days in the main Medussa bar, and lots of irate customers stood queing to get served by the two bar men. I understand the Dream set sail with only half its staff due to the volanic ash, many were stuck and couldn't make the sailing. Even the Captain didn't want it to sail as it wasn't ready, but we made the most of it and enjoyed ourselves, please read full review for more details Thanks

I am due to go on the Dream in a weeks time & have just called Cruise Deals to find out what is going on re the AI drinks package. We have paid 189 each for the week. Cruise Deals assured me nothing had changed & that due to the volcanic ash there had been problems getting certain drinks onboard. Apparently we would have received a letter if anything had changed. Now reading peoples comments we are hoping to cancel our AI package as there seems no point if you cant get cocktails etc with it. It is such a shame as that is 1 thing that i felt Thomsons had right with the AI package you havent got to worry about how much your bill will be at the end of the week.

John Smith's brother???

Images
    We were on Thomson Spirit in March, and had the Free Drinks Package, does not include drinks in your mini bar or bottled water. Neither of us are great drinkers, so I would not pay even at a reduced price for the drinks package. I would point out my wife is a fan of the daily cocktails, and these were included in our package.:D

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    I am due to go on the Dream in a weeks time & have just called Cruise Deals to find out what is going on re the AI drinks package. We have paid 189 each for the week. Cruise Deals assured me nothing had changed & that due to the volcanic ash there had been problems getting certain drinks onboard. Apparently we would have received a letter if anything had changed. Now reading peoples comments we are hoping to cancel our AI package as there seems no point if you cant get cocktails etc with it. It is such a shame as that is 1 thing that i felt Thomsons had right with the AI package you havent got to worry about how much your bill will be at the end of the week.
    it very much depends on what "cruise deals" mean when they say that "nothing has changed". from when? this is a new ship and first to introduce a new policy!.many ta's don't seem to understand what's happening.

if i was you i'd get them to give you more specific information and get their names in case something goes wrong as the first "dream" cruisers were only notified of the restricted ai package once they were onboard ship and you are paying a lot for the package compared to the price per drink last year (rumour has it that they've put drinks prices up as well).

please keep us posted on this issue and let us know if "dream" has recovered from it's teething troubles.
    bon voyage.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi just back from a week on the thomson Dream....really not ready to sail, but will post full review. The AI drinks package was very limited, cocktail of the day, Long Island Iced tea, red/white/rose wine, cheap brands of spirits like in an AI hotel, just one brand of each spirit and beer Heinekin on draft or Tom Smiths and thats it!!! By the way I said the Dream wasn't ready to sail and for the first two days of our cruise there was NO draft beer available so if you wanted beer you had to pay for bottles even if you were AI! Thats if you could get served at all, only 2 waiting staff for the first two days in the main Medussa bar, and lots of irate customers stood queing to get served by the two bar men. I understand the Dream set sail with only half its staff due to the volanic ash, many were stuck and couldn't make the sailing. Even the Captain didn't want it to sail as it wasn't ready, but we made the most of it and enjoyed ourselves, please read full review for more details Thanks
    wow! they didn't say any of this in the enormous adverts that they've put in the newspapers recently saying how good they were to customers stranded by the ash....at your expense,not thomsons apparently!
    making you pay for beer because they couldn't provide a proper service was really adding insult to injury and i hope that you get your money back. you would have thought that they would have made a special effort to keep your goodwill given the other shortcomings experienced on this cruise.
    this attitude from thomsons is very disappointing and it's a good job that we've got forums like this to shake the cruise companies out of their complacency.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast