What happens if?

We were on island escape, jan15th to 22nd. On the day before we were to go home I got the dreaded VIRUS!! not only me confined to cabin, but also my poor hubby, . He had to have his meals sent to cabin, never got what he asked for and were cold when they did arrive.We were allowed home next day, but wondered w hat would have happend if we had'nt been allowed. Would be interested to hear from anyone who was'nt and what Thomson did for them. ie flights, accomodation, etc.It's useful to know for future cruises, as it can happen on any ship!

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    We were on island escape, jan15th to 22nd. On the day before we were to go home I got the dreaded VIRUS!! not only me confined to cabin, but also my poor hubby, . He had to have his meals sent to cabin, never got what he asked for and were cold when they did arrive.We were allowed home next day, but wondered w hat would have happend if we had'nt been allowed. Would be interested to hear from anyone who was'nt and what Thomson did for them. ie flights, accomodation, etc.It's useful to know for future cruises, as it can happen on any ship!
    You would probably have to stay in a local hospital as I don't think you would be welcome in a hotel.
    Then claim on your travel insurance :o

Images

Exclamation You get what you pay for

I'm guessing people are still booking Island Escape(from Hell?)
    because of the very low cruise costs quoted?

Had you done some customer feedback research on forums like these,
    you would never have booked in the first place.

We can only hope to warn others before it's too late.

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Images
    I was going to say the 2nd poor post about Island Escape in the morning - really sounds like it need's scuppering - would make a great diving reef!

Agree with Aplmac, its worth putting a review on the site to reflect your experience then hopefully future people won't have the same issue. Sorry it did not work out for you

Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: *new* cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Queen Mary 2 Jun14
    Past 4 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x6), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora, NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Slightly confused that you need food having a virus.Usually a Cruise Line will offer the level of care needed and isolation is a sensible option in consideration of other passengers.Quite often people with a virus ( and their have been many) have been in isolation over 5 days in the onboard hospital.Charges are made for this and are recoverable from your Insurance provider.Island escape as you know now runs as a Thompson Ship and the company Island Cruises only exist by name only, as the ship is leased from Royal Caribean.Travelling with another Company will never alleviate the problems you had.The Escape is not particulary cheap as some might think but has a place in the market it serves. Your question is hyperthetical really and pleased that you made it home OK.

Images
    Hi
    I went on Island Escape 3 times last year,booked i may add before i went on first,i was only aiming to do two but my friend asked us to go on it for his wife's 60th.
    The 1st in June wasn't to bad,the second in August was worse when kids aboard + 3rd in November was the worst.
    The ship is now how people describe it.
    Is it because Thomson have not yet spent the money on it?
    I love the Thomson set up for its cruises,good food,entertainment,informal + a good atmosphere + A/I.
    Believe me i could have got cheaper cruises in Med with say NCL, but i do like the A/I concept even when i pay for it.
    I have been on 14 Thomson cruises + never had a bad one, booked x2 Thomson cruises for this year + early next.
    I have booked a cruise with RCCL from Barcelona in June A/I,just to see what all the fuss is about.
    Before i booked Island i read all the reviews + they where pretty good with a large loyal following,as one poster said it had a fair review in 2009 Berlitz Guide.
    It seems the really bad ones came in after the Christmas cruise from hell.
    Would i sail on IE again, NO,if you think its the same as Thomsons,think again.
    JC
    PS,Sorry i put this on this thread,did not see "well that was an experience"

Last edited by jc, liverpool; 30th January 2010 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks for your answer, having cruised many times,3 times before on IE and never had any problems just wondered what happens in these circumstances. To clarify one point, it was not me who had food brought to the cabin but my husband who was not ill.