Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Drinks packages Costa Cruises

Dear All

Can anyone help!

We are travelling on Costa Luminosa on 2 Jan for 7 nights and telephoned Costa re drinks packages and they have quotes the following:

63 each for X1 package which allows wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner in main restaurant. Can be booked up to 1 day before sailing.

225 each for all inclusive J2 package. Can be booked up to 5 days before sailing.

We have read many different things about drinks packages on Costa - some people say that with X1 you will get drinks at buffet restaurant near pool. Also advice whether all inclusive is worth it at 225 each?

Any advice welcome.

wow 225 seems a bit steep dont you think

life is great :D

Just off the Pacifica paid 180 each for the J2 for this all drinks euro 6.99 and under are free. the 180 includes the 15% tip.... so your 225 is actually... 195 plus tips and at 1.07e to the pound is 210 euros bar price.... Cocktails are euro 6.25... beer is 4.50... soda 2.60 ...spirits 5.30.to 6.25. you have a choice of wine at dinner and can have as much as you like and leave with the bottle or bottles...The fridge in the cabin, water beer and soda are free. We enjoyed the freedom of not worrying about the cost of drinks. They never queried the amount we purchased each time as long as each drink was below the 7 euro. IF you like to drink it pays for itself as the drinks are expensive when Costa is in europe.

Where did you get the drinks package from

This info was a great help to me as we are about to book our 4th Costa Cruise.

Where or through whom did you purchase the drinks package?

Do you have a different card or do you just use your on board Costa Card for buying drinks on board?

Regards

Robert

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Just off the Pacifica paid 180 each for the J2 for this all drinks euro 6.99 and under are free. the 180 includes the 15% tip.... so your 225 is actually... 195 plus tips and at 1.07e to the pound is 210 euros bar price.... Cocktails are euro 6.25... beer is 4.50... soda 2.60 ...spirits 5.30.to 6.25. you have a choice of wine at dinner and can have as much as you like and leave with the bottle or bottles...The fridge in the cabin, water beer and soda are free. We enjoyed the freedom of not worrying about the cost of drinks. They never queried the amount we purchased each time as long as each drink was below the 7 euro. IF you like to drink it pays for itself as the drinks are expensive when Costa is in europe.

Purchased through TA Has to be at least 5 days before sailing.

On board it is the same card, and has XI or J2 on the back. The only time the Bar staff know is when it is swiped.
    J2, Make sure the bill is all zeros. before you sign.
    Once they get to know you you can order as much as you like.

Tip Premium drinks with tonic/coke ask for the soda seperate.
    Long drinks Premium is e7.30 plus 15% so over the e6.99.
    MDR
    The wine they bring is the same as the X1
    If you do not like it tell them you are on J2 ask for an alternative or wine by the glass. They brought us a different wine to try. Then left the bottle. You can share with your table as very relaxed about it.
    The Bar prices are when Costa are in Europe as i believe they are different in USA($)
    Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the great info, I won`t tell you what our bar & wine bill was this year but this will save me 100s on my next cruise with Costa which I am looking at just now.

Regards

Robert

Drinks package

This package is not available to everyone !!!!

We saw an offer on the internet for a balcony cabin and rang to book it I said of course I would want the J2 package and was told because they had bought x cabins and this was one of them so because the whole of the cabins wernt taking the package I couldnt either So worth bearing in mind before you book

Can I ask which travel agent did you try and book through

Drinks package Costa Cruises

I booked my cruise on the Costa Marina to the Med this nov with Virgin Cruises. I emailed virgin about the price of the X1 package, they told me the price, so i phoned costa and it was the same price. so i booked a drink package 1 for my wife and one for myself with Costa . ( SO TRY COSTA ) and explain your problem they should oblige.

Ron

Digger

Costa also told me the same

Rules
    All people in cabin must take the drinks package ie 2 people in cabin 2 drinks packages
    Therefore if travel agent has taken 10 cabins and then sells then to the public all passengers in the 10 cabins must take the drinks package or none of them can

I had this from both Costa and the travel agent

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast