Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

atlantic weather

Hi
    We've booked our first transatlantic cruise in october and now i've booked i'm worried that we're not gonna see too much good weather. has anyone done the same cruise that could give me some info....
    thanks......

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi
    We've booked our first transatlantic cruise in october and now i've booked i'm worried that we're not gonna see too much good weather. has anyone done the same cruise that could give me some info....
    thanks......

When repositioning, Cruise Ships usually head South to do the crossing.Leaving from Barcelona or the more southern ports give rise to better weather.The crossig is usually based over 13 days calling at at least 3 ports enroute and for good measure throw in a Caribean Island.

It is generally considered over the 13 days at least 10 days will be perfect Cruising weather with temps around the 23 deg mark and even more.October is a good month for sailing the Atlantic.

We do a similar crossing every year in December, once you are a couple of days out of Madeira you will notice how it gets considerably hotter by the day, it should also be very pleasant in Madeira at this time of year.

thankyou so much, i feel a whole lot better now. its our first cruise as we normally go orlando every year so we,re trying something new, just thought we would only get the sun once we've sailed into the caribbean but it makes sense what you guys have said, i didn't realise they reposition and stay at the caribbean for a while, so i guess when they do make the crossing they aim for the best few days like you said. thanks again.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    When repositioning, Cruise Ships usually head South to do the crossing.Leaving from Barcelona or the more southern ports give rise to better weather.The crossig is usually based over 13 days calling at at least 3 ports enroute and for good measure throw in a Caribean Island.

It is generally considered over the 13 days at least 10 days will be perfect Cruising weather with temps around the 23 deg mark and even more.October is a good month for sailing the Atlantic.
    Is this the case for Queen Mary 2 - I thought she did the same North Atlantic route?

Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: *new* cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Queen Mary 2 Jun14
    Past 4 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x6), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora, NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Hi Grant, if QM is following the same route QE2 used to Southampton - New York I think it has to be a different one, we have done Transatlantic many times on QE (in Dec) and it was always freezing cold ( even had snow a couple of times )

Images

Exclamation A waves-height website for you!

Trans-Atlantic, eh?

Here's an animated waves-height website wot you should Bookmark(Firefox) / Favorites(Internet Explorer)
    for ready reference re. your cruise.

Marine Weather : Weather Underground

It takes a few secs. to load the loop, which looks forward about three days
    so this will become very pertinent for you in those few days before you take off!

Still, it'll give you some idea what to expect it, as you consult it in the interim.

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Images
    I have done quite a few transatlantics, and usually after Maderia the weather hots up , its great just to laze your way acorss the Atlantic and into the Caribbean, enjoy your cruise.

thank you cornish girl. yeah we're looking forward to it.

Aplmac, Barbados A waves-height website for you!
    "Trans-Atlantic, eh?

Here's an
    animated waves-height website wot you should Bookmark(Firefox) / Favorites(Internet Explorer)
    for ready reference re. your cruise.

Marine Weather : Weather Underground

It takes a few secs. to load the loop, which looks forward about three days
    so this will become very pertinent for you in those few days before you take off!

Still, it'll give you some idea what to expect it, as you consult it in the interim."

Wow, what a great site. Thank you ! Might be worth while for our upcoming cruise to western Greenland in August .... and of course for our planned cruise in 2011 Southampton to Quebec and back in Sept./Oct.2011 ;)

Best regards from southwest Germany at the Swiss border

millis glashaus

www.millisglashaus.blogspot.com
    (cruise diary - in German language only)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast