Topic: travel irons

travel irons

hello to all,
    we have just recieved our cruise book for the balmoral.
    on reading through,i found that we can not use our travel iron
    on board,does that mean we can take an ordinary iron,or
    would that not be allowed also.
    however,as we have not got an iron,how do we get our clothes to look smart ???

Don't worry! Balmoral has a self sevice lauderette with washers, dryers, ironing board and iron! There's a small charge I believe for the washers.

I understand that any type of iron brought aboard will be confiscated and returned at the end of your cruise as they represent a fire risk.

Cruising my way through life!

Sue

Images
    Pack carefully ! rolling rather than folding things prevents too many creases....hang any very creased things in the steamy bathroom and the creases will fall out....things like suits I put scrunched up bin liners down the sleeves and also across anywhere I might fold in half i.e. across trousers. It can be done !! If you have anything really bad that you want crease free your steward will get it pressed for you, at a cost of course!! Not sure about Olsen but P & O, Princess and Thomson Spirit and Celebration all have self serve laundries with irons !!
    Ladies can take crinkle fabric blouses, dresses, etc and it doesn't matter !! Posh frocks can be left in dry cleaning type (thin) bags which lessens any creasing.....hope this helps as no ships will allow irons of any type !!

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    hello to all,
    we have just recieved our cruise book for the balmoral.
    on reading through,i found that we can not use our travel iron
    on board,does that mean we can take an ordinary iron,or
    would that not be allowed also.
    however,as we have not got an iron,how do we get our clothes to look smart ???
    Oh good heavens NO. The reason they dont allow Irons of any kind is because of potential fire hazards.

Pack carefully, hang any slightly creased garments in the bathroom while you take a shower and the steam will help them fall out, give heavily creased items to your cabin steward for pressing or go find the ironing room.