Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: cabin noise

Images
    If you are going on Aurora or those with wrap around prom decks , you don't want to end up on deck 6 which is E deck.CG

Never had noise from a next door cabin and never had an upgrade either. Not bothered about an upgrade as we book the cabin we require in the first place.

Cant remember now if I have been on 8 or 9 cruises and I have been upgraded every time except two times, I always book inside and end up with outside, out of these 2 options I prefer inside because I like a dark bedroom. I always book very early so maybe that as something to do with it!

OH could not sleep on one cruise for the engine noise but it comes with the territory (wouldnt move without an engine)
    dont let this worry you though, it was an a Airtours Ship and they were getting rather old.
    second time it was a screaming child having a temper tantrum all night and if memory serves me right, she would throw tantrums in the dinning room, round the pool, in the shows and even at the airport. "bless"
    Regards
    Lynn

Images
    Never had an upgrade, but we were woken up at 3am by guests in the next cabin to us on Thomson Spirit, we were due to be up early the next day for our trip to Cairo.
    A good rap on the cabin wall, soon sorted it out, never heard another peep.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Never had an upgrade, but we were woken up at 3am by guests in the next cabin to us on Thomson Spirit, we were due to be up early the next day for our trip to Cairo.
    A good rap on the cabin wall, soon sorted it out, never heard another peep.
    Sorry about the noise Dell

I had lost my shoes

Images
    the only time I heard any noise was on our first cruise with Airtours but the ships was very old.

we book an inside cabin usually at least a year in advance and have never been visited by the cruise upgrade fairy. mayby one day.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

We were upgraded only once from an inside guarantee to a balcony at the very back of the ship, that said it was (1) our first cruise (2) honeymoon and (3) ship 1/3 empty. Not sure which element swung it.

we always book cheapest available which is and IG usually in the bowels of the ship - hoever both NCL and Carnival always give us an inside higher up - so that's kind of an upgrade.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    can you tell me if there would be any bad cabin noise,from the cabins on either side?

i have also heard that first time cruisers sometimes get an automatic upgrade to a better cabin,would this be true.

thankyou

mike
    Avoid any cabins which have a communicating door. Noisy neighbours can be heard through these.

Images
    only had one noisey cabin we were right above one of the smaller bars on the ship and had kareoke on every night. been on 6 cruises never had an upgrade (love cruising)

well,i have read with interest all your comments.and we are looking forward to our trip on the balmoral.
    as for the upgrade fairy,i will let you know.
    mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12