Topic: Preview 2012

Preview 2012

Just received my Preview brochure for 2012 for summer cruises and have noticed how much the cruises have gone up since the 2011/2012 brochure. For an almost identical cruise around the UK from Dover it has gone up by £120 for an inside cabin and for a Canary Islands one it has gone up by almost £300. Now what with this additional fuel surcharge that they are implementing their cruises are a lot more expensive than other companies for the same type of itineraries. For the price of an inside on Fred you can have a balcony or at least an outside on P & O or even Royal Caribbean.

It will be interesting to see how much of an increase other cruiselines have when their 2012 itineraries/brochures are released.

I don't know why they bother cos they will probably put the price of the cruise up after you have booked it.:mad:

Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred

I'm not so sure...

The original post encouraged me to compare prices of a balcony cabin for identical Greenland cruises in August this year and next on Black Watch. Next year's is slightly cheaper.

Hi - really tempted by the West African/Cape Verde cruise, but not been with Fred Olsen. It's on the Braemar - anybody been on her and can tell me what she's like.

Well I've booked it and the price I got was a lot less than the preview brochure, so I'm well pleased :-)

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Hi - really tempted by the West African/Cape Verde cruise, but not been with Fred Olsen. It's on the Braemar - anybody been on her and can tell me what she's like.
    Haven't been on Braemar since the stretch 3 years ago but going on her in April.
    Did Cape Verde on Boudicca last year and it was great.
    Best wishes

Tiggertom
    shaken, not purred