Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hmmmm. Not so convenient for us peasants stuffed into an inside cramped, cannot swing a cat cabin with a plate on your lap.

I agree with you Liz , its alright if you can afford a big cabin,but you might as well be at home if you are going to do that. Half the fun of cruiseing is to have a good natter at the dinner table.

Where will they get the extra waiters to deliver the 4 course meals if the service gets popular,will this be to deprement of the dining rooms. Surely its not all that much of an effort to go to the restaurant.

Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Where will they get the extra waiters to deliver the 4 course meals if the service gets popular,will this be to deprement of the dining rooms. Surely its not all that much of an effort to go to the restaurant.

No it's not far to the resturant but to dine in your room or balcony once during your cruise, just the two of you, could be romantic as long as you inform your tablemates.

What do you mean by romantic,when you get over seventy its nice just breathing.

Images

Sounds like hard work

And I always thought that a major part of cruising was the dinning experience, by dressing appropriately and going to the restaurant, partaking in lovely food and joining in a convivial hour with other nice like minded people.

By having the option of being able to stay in ones cabin, which lets be fair, as the more common or mainstream cabins on most ships are quite poky, and are not really conducive to comfortable dinning, even the balcony on a warm night could be quite hard work as the furniture is not made to dine on.
    All courses would probably be delivered at the same time as staff are not going to have the time to give the same attention as in the restaurant, and I can't see any sort of half reasonable service being free for long.

I don't see the point of this option when there are ships that offer anytime or informal dinning and seating for two on request, for those cruisers who don't want to mix with their fellow dinning companions.

Eating dinner on your knee is not my idea of fun. Not all cabins are "DINNER" friendly.I suppose the suite brigade would be most beneficial.

Images
    With a 5 week F.O cruise booked for next year, I initially thought that the 'dining in' option seemed like a good idea.

However, after reading all the comments, I don't think we would use that option, if it all, due to the cramped conditions in average size cabins. I certainly wouldn't want to eat my dinner on a tray, dressing table or coffee table.

I guess it is a viable option if you were desperate or tired enough to not bother to go to the dining room.

Jill

My husband was recently confined to cabin for about 4 days because he had flu. Room service was all he was allowed. Food was almost always barely lukewarm when it arrived. As pointed out unless you have a big cabin it is simply not practical. Think about how you manage with 2 of you just having a continental breakfast with the very limited space in the average cabin much less a 4 course dinner. Hardly romantic.

No need to worry about letting other people on your table down, it's your holiday for you to choose how you spend it.
    Interesting that there's no 'extra' charge for this service, all the mainstream companies will be shaking their heads!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast