Norwegian Cruise

My husband is keen for us (both aged 51) to go on a cruise to Norway in June 2011 and we may well be taking our daughters (aged 23 & 20) too. Please can anyone recommend the best cruise line for us as we have only ever been on one cruise before (with Thomson) and so don't have too much experience! We live fairly near Southampton so it might be handy to sail from there and it's not essential but we would prefer to avoid small children and don't especially want to travel on a huge cruise ship but otherwise we aren't too fussy! Any advice welcome and thanks for your time

We did the Fjords from Southampton with p&O and have also gone from Dover with Fred Olsen. Both were good and the ship's weren't the massive ones so they might suit you

Carol

We found P & Os Arcadia which is a child free medium sized ship, also most of Fred Olsen although not classed as child free have very few children on board if any, the Fjords by their nature attract very few children on any ships especially in June. Go and enjoy

Arlene

Keep smiling and keep sailing

Hi Casskins, my wife and I are going to the Fjords on the 1st July on the Queen Victoria. After some research this cruise seemed to suit us best, we too wanted wanted to avoid lots of small children.;)

Images
    It sounds like you need Adonia ( smaller 30000 tonnes adult only) ship sailing 21-28 June (7 nights).

Arcadaia ( mid sized 84000 tonnes adult only) isn't doing Norway until July 21st for 14 nights

Don't know anything about Fred Olsen from Dover

Pete

Pete

If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    My husband is keen for us (both aged 51) to go on a cruise to Norway in June 2011 and we may well be taking our daughters (aged 23 & 20) too. Please can anyone recommend the best cruise line for us as we have only ever been on one cruise before (with Thomson) and so don't have too much experience! We live fairly near Southampton so it might be handy to sail from there and it's not essential but we would prefer to avoid small children and don't especially want to travel on a huge cruise ship but otherwise we aren't too fussy! Any advice welcome and thanks for your time

As you have two daughters going with you I would look at Princess Cruises they have a great disco and lots more to do than bingo ;)

You can get a great view from the disco as you sail up the fjords and stay inside if the weather is not so good

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    Don't know anything about Fred Olsen from Dover
    All cruises are relatively child-free outside of the school holidays, but many would also be 20-something free!

At most times of the year, Fred Olsen would be relatively child-free but attracts the over 60's and 70's, especially of a Fjord Cruise. I think they would be a big mistake for your daughters!

Cunard may well be a bit too formal and traditional for them. The newer P&O ships or the American ships (RCI, Princess, NCL) would be a better bet, if they are offering the cruise/dates that you require.

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 6th December 2010 at 09:05 AM.