What cabin on Cunard ship?

Hello again,
    As you might see from previous posts am thinking of booking Queen Elizabeth for next year with Cunard. I know it has not had its maiden voyage yet but the accommodation/cabins seem to follow those on Queen Mary so for that reason could I ask what cabin people would recommend/what area. A1 looks like the level we would go for as can't see the need to do Club Balcony.This would mean a balcony which is essential and away from lifts/noise.
    Thankyou
    Gill

Images
    The Queen Mary is a completely differnt design of ship (and size) to the QE. She's a one-off 'Ocean Liner' so the cabins are different, although they are graded in a similar way. QE will be structurally identical to Queen Vic and very similar to the many other 'Vista Class' cruise ships, like P&O's Arcadia, HAL, Costa and Carnival ships.

I can't really help as I chose on 'Ocean View' on her mainden Jan Trans to NY, to save money. None of the cabins are poor, even the cheapest inside are perfectly adeqaute, some grades are just better than others!;)

I did note that the upper decks near the 'Grills' were very unstable in a storm, but then I was on a winter Trans in a storm force 10! Below is an 'actual' image of the Queen Vic when I was on her:

Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 2nd April 2010 at 03:12 PM.

omg is that ice

Images
    Hello Gill,

As Malcolm has said the new Queen Elizabeth, will be structurally identical to the Queen Victoria.

We chose an A3 grade balcony cabin on QV, midships on Deck 6, no noise from lifts etc & only cabins above . We had some very rough weather (November - Canaries!) and in our cabin, it was much smoother than at the front or the rear of the ship.

We liked the cabin & it's position so much, we have booked the same for this September!

Regards, Lizzie.

Images
    Quote QUOTE: View Post
    omg is that ice
    No Spanish Lady, just a very big wave!!

Lizzie.

Images
    Hello again,
    As you might see from previous posts am thinking of booking Queen Elizabeth for next year with Cunard. I know it has not had its maiden voyage yet but the accommodation/cabins seem to follow those on Queen Mary so for that reason could I ask what cabin people would recommend/what area. A1 looks like the level we would go for as can't see the need to do Club Balcony.This would mean a balcony which is essential and away from lifts/noise.
    Thankyou
    Gill
    As Malcolm has said, Queen Elizabeth is an entirely different ship and the stateroom size, though classed on the same style, differ considerably. A1 Balcony Staterooms are fine and have an excellent high position. However, they do sit below the Lido Reastaurant. This may or may not have an impact on noise levels at certain times in certain staterooms. On the other hand, the Club Balcony Staterooms are better positioned, for obvious reasons, and their dining arrangements are very well reviewed. Whatever you choose I'm sure you will enjoy Queen Elizabeth.

I am not bothered where I sleep. It could be in a lifeboat for all care, just want to be there:D
    We sailed on the maiden world cruise on the Queen Victoria. We booked mid ship think it was deck 5. It was very stable. We had a balcony and my husband sat out on the balcony every evening crossing the Atlantic. He had his warm jacket on and a glass of vino in his hand and he loved it! He had to sit out there as I was taking up all the space getting ready for dinner. It was pretty rough at times but QV had no problems.

Malcome Oliver. We must have been on the same ship at the same time. I have the exact same photo here on my computer. I did not take it. Some guy we met on the ship took it and emailed it to us. I dont think it was you, or was it?

No Spanish Lady, just a very big wave!!

Lizzie.
    waving back at you lizzie:D

Maggie I would sleep anywhere too just al long as I am onbaord