Panama Canal - Christmas

Recently read a review about a Christmas cruise round South America which had 400 children on board - banging on cabin doors, etc. We are planning a trip on the Constellation through the Panama Canal over Christmas and New Year - has anyone been on her during this time? Was it chaotic with children? Where do the majority of passengers come from? I know it's holiday time but I hope to have a holiday as well!

Most cruises will have lots of children on board over Christmas. If you dont want children and are flexible, why not go some other time either side of Christmas when there will be less kids and the prices will be lower.
    Brian

I always used to fancy the idea of a Christmas cruise (and watching the Jane McDonald documentary, set aboard Galaxy over Xmas and New Year, whetted my appetite for it), until I realised it would be swarming with kids.

We look after our grandson during term time so school holidays is the only option open to us. I certainly don't mind children but the review made the cruise sound horrendous. They were from S.America so perhaps they are allowed more freedom than our children to run around. This Christmas we were on the Sea Princess and the behaviour of the children was a credit to the British parents. Also they were a delight to see in the evenings as they 'dressed' for dinner. I must say that there were not as many as I had expected so fingers crossed it will be the same on the Constellation.

Images
    [ ]

Panama :D

[
    ]